headers

I don't know about any chevy's but my cousin's dodge ram has some edlebrock ones,  he said its peppier than it was.  They look really sharp too.  I think hookers a good brand too isn't it?

I'd really like to know too!  I should be gettin some in the foreseeable future.

I would recommend getting long-tube headers as opposed to shorties.  The long-tube headers make better low and mid range torque and HP.  You may not see much of a difference with the shorties, although I believe most of the smog-legal headers are shorties.

Good brands that I know of include Hooker, DynoMax, Edelbrock, and JBA.  I don't think the cheaper brands (blackjack, cyclone) even make a smog-legal header for the newer trucks, but stay away from them if they do.  They have a tendency to leak more due to thin flanges and poor construction.  The Hooker Super Comps are expensive, and also may not be available for smog-legal installation, but their quality is top notch.  I have super Comps on my Corvette.  DynoMax CeramCoat are relatively inexpensive ceramic coated headers, great price, and although the quality was not as good as the Super Comps they do have nice thick flanges and fit well on my Suburban.

Just my .02

Jeff

Guys here in the local Camaro club have had good luck with Hooker headers, but everyone I know that didn't get coated headers wished they would have. Several guys have bought headers and sent them to be Jet Hot Coated and were quite happy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have Mesa truck headers. They are shorties, smog legal(o2 sensors), coated and are heavy duty. Since the truck was lowered and already has gobs of torque, I did not want long tube headers. I was hoping to shift the torque curve up a little.

Archived