How exactly do Add-A-Leaf's work?

It looks as though the lift on my truck isn't a complete 3" kit.. it looks like it's got the ehnanced lift leafs up front, giving it the lift, but in the back, the blocks look only 2", and the springs look stock.    This makes the rear end sit lower and I don't particularly care for the look, and can best be seen in this picture: truck1.jpg

I was thinking of throwing a 2" add-a-leaf on the back do level it out a little more, and am curious as to how exactly they work.  

I'm also thinking maybe I'll get a 4"er out back and put another 2" under the front, but we'll see how the $$ situation is this fall :)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

-Mike

sweet rig...  

before you get into add-a-leafs, consider what you'll be using the truck for.  if you'll be using it as a truck, the add-a-leave might be a good way to go.  if, however, you're just looking for the appearance (nothing wrong with that), you may be very disappointed with the ride that it gives you -- it'll probably jar some dental work out...

i have a jeep and lots of guys use the add-a-leafs to get relatively inexpensive (notice i say relatively inexpensive -- ain't none of it cheap) lift for their rigs.  it seems like, to a man, they all complain about the rough ride.  yes, i realize that a jeep's not nearly as heavy as a big p/u, but still it's something to think about.

the picture on your post looks great -- if that's even remotely level ground, i personally don't think it needs any more lift in the back.  just my 2 cents, though.

Basically, your 2" Add-A-Leafs will be about 1/2" to about 3/4's of an inch thick. They are designed to be placed just above the helper leaf. The Add-A-Leafs will re-arch your leaf pack to get the extra 2"s of lift. You can stack Add-a-Leafs but you will only be gaining the thickness of the leafs for each Add-A-Leaf you add after the initial one.   I just installed mine a few weeks ago. I will post pics of this install soon on my website. The ride did get a little stiffer, but I don't mind. The truck looks great. Good luck...

Archived