air horns

Quote: from 76BBSub on 9:17 pm on Aug. 5, 2001

I think a set of the 18-wheeler/train air-horns would be really useful here in Houston traffic...

Just so when some moron cuts you off or does something else really stupid you can make your feelings heard :)lol

Steve

Quote: from 76BBSub on 8:17 pm on Aug. 5, 2001

Not whistling, but I'd like to hear them!

personally, I think a set of the 18-wheeler/train air-horns would be really useful here in Houston traffic...

Anyone running those bad boys?

Jeff

Or quite useful to piss off those neighbors of yours that don't approve of your midnight engine test revs. :)

Quote: from jeggers on 8:28 pm on Aug. 6, 2001

:wink: Ya, I could go for a set of train horns to. They would come in handy around Chicago.

A friend and i were trucking in the states and this guy we were chattin with had a set of train horns on his truck we asked to hear what it sounded like so he came up almost beside us and it sounded like there was a frieght train right beside you!  Really cool..

I dont know if it you would be well liked by your neighbours after you go horn happy down your street :biggrin:

Steve

As already mentioned, my neighbors aren't particularly fond of me anyway since I drove my 454 Suburban around the block one Saturday night (9ish) with wide open headers.  But, I think it really started when I broke in cam in the high-perf 350 in my Corvette one Saturday (also 9ish), that consists of keeping the RPMs over 2000 for at least 20 minutes...I hooked up some mufflers to the headers temporarily but it didn't help much....

I try to be thoughtful, but it doesn't always work out for me ;-)

Jeff

• 1 month later...

Archived