Gibson Cat Back

John, for what it's worth, my friend Dave, with the white Dodge, has a Gibson kit on it and he's real happy with it.  He's limited on how long of a tip he can use though because it bends shortly after the tailpipes go back unser the bumper.  He has the dual pipes routed out the back.

The sam kit for the Silverado's require removal of the spare tire on the 4x4's.  ???  

Gibson Exhaust  Check the notes on the application guide for the different style exhaust systems.

Sometimes I think my Gibson is too quiet, too.  Like last night when I hit the starter a second time at the gas station.  Boy, I hate when that happens.

Did you notice any real power or mpg gain? I am looking at the single system. Which system do you have?

Hey Step,

I have an '02 Avalanche, added the Gibson Single Swept Side.  I love the sound.  Just perfect, not too much sound in the cab unless you get on it, real nice sound outside.  The SSS is supposed to add the least sound and most horsepower, that's what I'm looking for.  I put a flowmaster on a Suburban before and the in-cab noise was very unpleasant, my wife never quit complaining.  She likes the sound of the Gibson.

I gained .5 mpg, I calculate every tank in my head and I went from solid 13.5 to just over 14.  I drive very aggressively.

Good luck,

MB-)

'02 Avalanche

HPIII

FIPK2

Gibson SSS

Flex-a-lite 282

De-screened

Bypassed

Had a swept side installed on my '00 rado. Kept it installed for a couple of months while researching for a replacement. The system is quiet at idle, drove me nuts with in cab resonance at 1500-1800 rpms, and suffered loss of low end torque. Bottom line...I hated it. I'm glad I replaced it as the new systems provides what the gibson didn't.

Did you notice any real power or mpg gain? I am looking at the single system. Which system do you have?

The Gibson sideswept single catback and UPD added about 10% to my MPG.  I'm now averaging 20 MPG.  I feel more lower to midrange punch when I hit the go pedal.

• 2 weeks later...

Stepside Z,

I have the dual sideswept gibson system for my HD.  It sounds real good w/o being obnoxious.  Install was easy; the fit is almost perfect.

Power was immediately noticeable as well.

I did not notice any mpg increase, but I do mostly city-type driving.  If and when I get on the highway for any appreciable time, I'll know better what kind of mpg increase (if any) I got.

HD Doug

• 2 weeks later...
obyone,

You didn't mention what you replaced it with???

MB-)

Sorry about the late response. I replaced the Gibson with this one......

http://www.pvmufflers.com/id5.htm

I have heard alot of good things about pvmufflers.  I will have to look into those cause I want a good system that won't cause a loss in my low end torque.  How is the sound on the system?

MarkD,

I love the fans, they were expensive though.  Fit and all is great, an easy DIY mod!  I can tell a BIG difference when it is hot out 85+, if you can tell when your fan clutch has tightened up on hot days, then you will feel this difference.  The main cool difference I felt was throttle response.

I like it, I think it is worth the money, it's a quality product!

Dealer, probably won't like it.  It hasn't been back to them for some time.

Archived