?check Engine?

I kept getting reduced enigine power and a check engine light, I put on a new water pump solved the problem for a few weeks, happens again guy at the shop says i need to change my gas pedal sensor solves the problem for a couple weeks, guess what??? this time i need to change my throttle body, fixed for about one day. After the same thing im told i need to get my computer flashed once again fixed for about 24 hrs, im still getting reduced power/ check engine light. Took it to a couple of local auto parts places the code readers they have wont pick anything up off of my truck, its like my diagnostic port doesnt work. any ideas on where i go from here?????????

thanks a lot! fuse was blown. throwing the pedal position sensor code agin. its only about two months old and i just had the computer flashed, whats the chances the sensor already crapped out agin??????

Perhaps the sensor is fine and it is a problem with the wiring to the sensor or a poor connection to the sensor?

This is advanced electrical troubleshooting, but the thing to do to check the wiring is a visual inspection of ALL the wiring from the sensor to where it goes such as the engine computer connector.

Then disconnect both connectors at each end, connect an ohm meter to each end, then wiggle the wires/connectors to see if you can cause a poor connection. Do this with each wire going to the sensor.

You would need a GM factory electrical diagram for this (or at least I would).

Archived