Radio-Upgrade.com

NB99Z

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I emailed them and they were real fast to respond, like within an hour of each email, even over the weekend.

So I had a few questions for them. Could Apple CarPlay be downloaded to the system, and we didn't get that far in the conversation due to the next question/answer.

Second question was can I get the system if I already have the navigation via GM. They responded by saying it's not recommended.

Appears to be an upgrade from the 4 inch screen primarily. From what I took from it I can get this system but it's not worth it if I already have the navigation. Unless I just really really wanted some of the other features and android.

I am curious why they would think it would not be worth it if you had navigation considering it's an android platform and you could do so much more. I imagine you could use your phone as a hot spot while in the car and that would work out well.

Either way. I think I'll hold off for a few more years before upgrading the infotament system. It seems right now it's the thing and they are evolving pretty fast.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I am curious why they would think it would not be worth it if you had navigation considering it's an android platform and you could do so much more. I imagine you could use your phone as a hot spot while in the car and that would work out well.

Either way. I think I'll hold off for a few more years before upgrading the infotament system. It seems right now it's the thing and they are evolving pretty fast.

I feel the same way but I almost want to say unless there is an android auto version 2 or carplay version 2 soon then you might be waiting a long time. These two platforms are google's and apple's answer to crappy infotainment systems in vehicles so I don't think we are going to get anything better considering they are some of the biggest tech companies in the world that have the best platforms for user interactions (smart phones).

• 3 weeks later...

So I found this...

http://www.roadnavi.com/product/m462-chevrolet-silverado-gmc-sierra-2014-2015-satnav-s160/

I went ahead and ordered it.. we shall see how it works out.

Cool. Let me know how it works. So it uses your current GPS setup? I like the idea of the WiFi as I could use thst to run torque. I would be curious how it goes.

So I read more about it and this part made me laugh.

Digital mobile TV, the region receives signal strength to 1-8 channels, you can learn the current news, the Financial reports, so you can Master the stock market and other information at the drive time;

As for the device it would be everything I wanted with the exception it won't interface at all with vehicle it seems. They mention that steering wheel controls won't work and a few other things that lead me to believe you will have a hard time connecting to the trucks systems. I do hope I'm wrong.

Spoke with a guy via Facebook who installed it on his truck from upgrade radio.com He said everything works fine, but it's just an s160 radio and it could be found online for cheaper.. So I googled it and that site came up. If it doesn't work properly for me, I'll just send it back for a refund. Hopefully it'll turn out positive, because the big screen is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoke with a guy via Facebook who installed it on his truck from upgrade radio.com He said everything works fine, but it's just an s160 radio and it could be found online for cheaper.. So I googled it and that site came up. If it doesn't work properly for me, I'll just send it back for a refund. Hopefully it'll turn out positive, because the big screen is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything works fine, as in backup camera and steering wheel controls work with the unit. Did he mention anything about blue tooth? I'm looking at this as an option to get navigation for my truck, because that is the one option I don't have. Already have 8 inch screen.

Archived