5.3L Average Gas Mileage Poll

What is your average MPG with your 5.3L?  

3,482 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Box stock tires and everything, 4.10's and 4wd I'm getting 12.8's consistently in town mixed with short freeway trips at 70ish mph. This is driving like a have a dozen eggs between my foot and the gas pedal, plenty of coasting and the least possible amount of idling short of turning the thing off at every stop light. I know, it's a truck and it's not suppose to be great on gas, but I see others posting 15+ MPG and I'm curious how they're doing it. I'm starting to wonder if I have something wrong...

16-19

2004 ECSB 2wd, 3.42, stock everything, 50/50 city/highway

This is driving like a have a dozen eggs between my foot and the gas pedal, plenty of coasting and the least possible amount of idling short of turning the thing off at every stop light

I drive this way also :cheers:

14.5-14.75mpg consistantly, so i voted for the 14.6+ category.

100,000 miles, 4x4, Z71, K&N, some sorta oversized off-road derivative tire that the guy before me had, probably 60/40 city/highway, pretty avg driving habits, cruise at 75mph on highway.

i have an exhaust leak that can't be helping things, and probably a fuel pressure regulator that isn't helping either. if i fix those things and had better tires i'd probably be 15.5mpg+

02 Yukon XL 5.3L 4.10 gears. Mixed driving by my wife has been getting from a low of 16.5 to a high of 18.6. The average has been 17.2 until I added True Flow's cold air intake and filter. Have not had it long enough to get a real good read but the prelims are showing low 18s will be the average. Not bad for a big bertha with 4.10s.

By the way, the True Flow is 100% quality. It fits and looks terrific and you can feel the difference beginning around 2500 to 2800 all the way up. Makes a little intake music under heavy throttle but otherwise, you cannot hear it.

Archived