16" Rims On A 06' Silverado ?

I think I asked this before or read on here before, that 16"s will not fit an 06 Silverado.

I am not all that happy with the stock rims on my 06' Silverado, but I would really rather go back to a 16" Rim because of tire selections, sizes, ect. Plus I just like the look of a 16" better.

Now doing a search on Auto trader today, basicly pulled a nation wide search for white 2006 Silverado 4x4s, so that I could look at some pics of what some different syles of wheels and tires might look like.

I discovered in my search a 2006 Silverado that has OEM chevy 16" chrome rims on it. Its not my favorite wheel, but the point is, that it's a 16" rim on a 2006 Silverado. ?????

Here is a link to the add.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u...mp;rdpage=thumb

Here is a pic of one of the rims.

12188582462.262090505.IM1.09.240x180_A.240x180.jpg

Here a pic of the whole truck so you can see it is a 2006 like they claim it is, only the 06's and 07" classics have the domed hood.

12188582454.262090505.IM1.MAIN.240x180_A.240x180.jpg

I have not ran the VIN or anthing to see if it came with those rims. But thought it interesting that there is a 06" silverado with 16"s on it.

Anyone have any idea or has any one else tried to put 16" on a 06 or 07 classsic.

I tried putting 16 inch rims on my old 2006 Silverado, but they wouldn't fit because of the front calipers. They would fit on a 2006 if they would have came with 2003-2005 brakes, which are smaller than 2006 & up brakes. That is the reason why 17's became standard.

I ran the VIN,It came with the 17" aluminum wheels (RPO code P25) and P265/70R17 tires.

It even listed the brakes as..."JF7 - BRAKES, 17" DISC/DRUM" on the build sheet.

I have no clue how those 16's fit on that truck,They shouldn't :sigh: Not unless its an AWD,or a Hybrid,which that truck is neither.

MS3DALE, so the vin did check out as an 06 I take it. The hood is an 06 for sure, just sure seems strange.

L76, when you tried to put 16's on what sort of rim was it. And do you remember where it was making contact at. Maybe it just depends on what type of 16 you try and use. Like the ones in that pic are steel rims, the back side of that rim may have more clearance than the backside of a cast rim.

MS3DALE, so the vin did check out as an 06 I take it. The hood is an 06 for sure, just sure seems strange.

L76, when you tried to put 16's on what sort of rim was it. And do you remember where it was making contact at. Maybe it just depends on what type of 16 you try and use. Like the ones in that pic are steel rims, the back side of that rim may have more clearance than the backside of a cast rim.

I tried putting stock 16's from an 2003 Suburban, I couldn't even mount the rim because of the caliper. 16's will fit the rear because it has rear drums, it is just the front that won't go in because of the calipers. I have no idea how they put those 16s on that truck.

Archived