Crossover locations...

I have a 2002 Tahoe. For those that have replaced the front speakers with a component set, where did you put the crossovers? I want to try to fit them in the doors somewhere, but wasn't sure if there was an easier option. I plan on using the original wiring in my low powered system. Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks.

If your running an amp, stick them close to the amp just to get them out of the way.  They don't need to be real close to the speaker.

As a matter of fact, inside the door would not be a good place to keep them.  They need to be kept away from weather and water does make it's way into the door.

Since I didn't want to run new speaker wires to the doors, I stuck my crossovers to the outer wall of the door, with double sided tape.  Make sure you clear the window, and it should be fine.  Even though some weather does get inside the doors it should be a problem as long as you keep them off of the basin.  JMHO

I would be really cautious about putting them in the door.  They are typically not a sealed product and you really don't want weather corroding any of the electrical connections.  That will only take away from the sound quality.

Also, if you do replace the door speakers, you should get some of the foam speaker baskets and coat them with something like silicone or wd-40.  That will help your speakers tremendously when it comes to the weathering effect.  I pull mine out periodically and lube them up again just to keep my speakers better protected.

there won't be a problem with them at all in the doors  no water is gonna get into the area around the speakers,  if so they wouldn't put speakers there.   I've had mine behind the door speakers for 3 years and not a problem one.

Archived