The NAM has been showing this snow storm for tomorrow. And only the NAM was showing it yesterday. Now the GFS and the EURO are on same page, and latest GFS is looking much better.

gfs_pcp_036l.gif

It it comes down moderate enough to heavy and stays consitant, i might just be plowing early Sun morning.

$$$$ Bring it on $$$$...

How did you make out with picking up accounts toast? Were you able to get into the yellow book for 2010?

Im doing well with flyers so far. I also put an ad in my county paper and it will be running for the next month. I didn't use the Yellow Book yet because I want to do the best I can to keep accounts close together. I'm also in the process of getting some signs with reflective lettering made up. We were hit with about 2-3 inches of wet snow. Bring it on!

How did you make out with picking up accounts toast? Were you able to get into the yellow book for 2010?

Im doing well with flyers so far. I also put an ad in my county paper and it will be running for the next month. I didn't use the Yellow Book yet because I want to do the best I can to keep accounts close together. I'm also in the process of getting some signs with reflective lettering made up. We were hit with about 2-3 inches of wet snow. Bring it on!

Thats good, at least they are working for you, but personally you would be alot better off if you got into the yellow book. You could take out a small add for little over $300 a year. I get alot of business from the YB. Picked up 3 new residential's the last two days from people using the YB. Last night I had a call for a residential property that has a 150 ft driveway with circle. Client signed up to be on route, also wanted salting. Nice and easy $210 minium, and was able to look at property from bing maps for estimate. Bing maps comes in real handy for quick estimates for me,c ause properties here are all spread out away from neighbors and is easy to distinguish and identify properties pretty fast using birds eye view, with alternate views. Also the 3 properties I picked up are all on the way with exisiting route which is good, so I can spend less time driving far distances and bang out properties faster.

Not sure how many clients you picked up yet this year, seeing how this is your first year starting out. It's really not that hard starting out and raking in $12k- $20k a season your first year (depending on how active the snow storms are). Where I am at, the driveways are long, and in some cases over 600 ft long. The long driveways are where the money is really good.

I have been using Google maps. A guy called me asking about an estimate. I asked him his address and brought the house up. We established where he wanted the piles of snow to go over the phone. Just got my card finished and registered some time ago with the county. Looking for a set of chains right now. What do you think of V-Bar?

Archived