My Fog Light Kit Came Today

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Put a set of GM Fogs on my 08 Silverado and one thing to save big time was to NOT remove the bumper. Remove the headlights instead to gain access behind the end caps. This way less chance of scratching the end caps during reinstall. Also just remember that with the harness; the plugs go to the lights, the pin goes to the power box and the loop goes to ground. The front wiring is that simple. The switch is a direct swap. NOTHING GOES THRU THE FIREWALL, ITS THAT SIMPLE. The end caps themselves are a direct swap as well. This job is NOT hard.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i was wondering the same thing about the wire connector behind the headlight, the kit i got didnt have the wiring harness now im searching for the harness as gm doesnt sell one aparently

I will dig thru storage this weekend and see if I can't find the install directions that came with my kit. It list where to hook the wire harness up. You should be able to make your own, one wire goes to the fuse box under the hood the other goes to a chassis ground.

EDIT: Might not have to, second post in this thread has a link to another post with pictures.

GMT900 Chevy Foglamps Fuse Block Side

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I still have the original pics from my install, when I look at them in my original thread they are there. But I guess they are not showing anymore. And I'm not on here as often as I used to be. Soooooooo......if anyone needs the pics for wiring reference before I finally break down and re-do the thread send me your email and I'll just send them to ya.

• 4 months later...

I have an 09 Sierra and installed the OEM fog light kit yesterday. The lights look great and work as they should, but now my right rear turn signal and right brake light do not work. I posted under ask the tech, but I'm not sure if that was the right place to post. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Archived