West Virginia guys sound off...

HillHound

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Hurricane, West Virginia!  Or "Hurkin" as the folks around here call it.  Eighteen miles due west of Charleston on I64.  Just found this forum and just purchased a new truck.  I've been a truck guy for 30 years.  New one is an '03 K2500HD with 6.0L Ext-Cab.  It's nic-named "Big Red" (because it's red?). Do you guys ever get together for a "run" and camp, drink beer, etc.?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Fairmont WV Here!

Originally from Buckhannon.

:cheers: Proud to be an American and a Mountaineer! :withstupid:

I've always thought it was funny that people in the big city make fun of us for being Hillbillys. They live in fear of going places, everything is a rat race, high crime etc. etc......Then they come here and tell you how beautiful our state is and how nice the people are. :lurk:

I pulled a foreign guys minivan out of the river last summer he was from New York city. He went on and on how much he loves WV and the way people help out. I said "Hey it's the right thing to do, I would hope that someone would do the same for me". He said there's no way anybody in the city would have done that for him without wanting big money.

COZWV

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
Hey guys Im also on fullsizechevy.com and I just started to get into this site!! Pretty Nice...Im from Hurricane,WV also!!

To the Hurricane and Charleston folk: Awesome to hear from you guys. I used to do radio remotes for Electric 102.7 at Hurricane Chevrolet. Great area. I miss it, but I'm back home in Morgantown teaching instead of doing the radio thing.

Fairmont WV Here!

Originally from Buckhannon.

:P Proud to be an American and a Mountaineer!  :cheers:

COZWV

Coz,

What do you do in Fairmont? I did half of my college there, and still hang out every once in a while at Joes (Past Wendys on Locust Ave.) On the way home to Morgantown, it was always nice to stop by Burger King and make fun of the civic crowd.

Hillhound,

Where are you from?

Oh, by the way:

Dark Blue 2001 Sierra 1500 Standard Cab, 6ft Stepside (5300, Automatic) Any tips and tricks to make it more fun/practical are definately welcomed.

• 5 months later...

I'm from up around Parkersburg (Boaz) though I spent most of my years growing up across the river outside Marietta, OH. Even though I spent more time in Ohio I still consider WV home (of course looking out across the farm and being able to see it every day helped).

I live in SC now, due to being in the Air Force, but home will always be in WV.

I don't know if you're still around but I'm a civilian contractor (former Marine) here at Shaw.

Archived