Usb Port Parts...

So I bought a 2010 factory NAV unit for my truck on ebay over the weekend, and it will be coming in tomorrow from UPS. Now, I need to locate a USB cable and outlet to go with it.

In my searching the forums, it doesn't look like anyone ever found out or posted the part numbers for the cable and plug for trucks with a center console; just the ones for the base dash that go in one of the power ports. So my question is, does anyone out there have any information about the console USB parts?

I'm not even sure if they're available to order yet (though by now they probably should be), but I'm hopeful. In the interim I can just use a spare cable, but I'd really like to pick up the factory setup eventually for a full OE-integrated appearance.

Thanks in advance to anyone with any insight. :cool:

BTW, keep an eye on the for sale section, folks -- someone is in for a great deal on a lightly used 2009 factory NAV unit later this week! :(

I'd love to get the parts to replace one of my cig outlets with a USB Port. If you get the parts I'm sure everyone would appreciate the #'s.

I'd love to get the parts to replace one of my cig outlets with a USB Port. If you get the parts I'm sure everyone would appreciate the #'s.

For that one we already have part numbers. Remember though, you'll have to change the entire radio head-unit to make it work. Can't just add the cable and port and have it do anything.

Check out this thread for information on the cable and port for the base "truck" dash, as well as part numbers for the USB equipped non-navigation head units:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?...0port&st=40

The only part numbers not in there (or any other thread I can find) are the ones for the center console cable and port... which is what I need.

UPDATE:

I talked to the GM parts guys I deal with locally, and we found some interesting information as to why no one has been able to find the part numbers for the console-mounted USB receptacle and cable.

1) GM does not sell the USB receptacle separately from the body of the center console -- meaning you would have to buy an entire console just to get the receptacle. It's about a $200 part.

2) The USB data cable that runs to the center console is integrated into the console wiring harness that also runs the rear seat audio controls, power ports, etc., and there is no separate cable available. The harness is about a $125 part.

HOWEVER, there is still another option.

The guy I was talking to owns a 2010 Camaro which has USB in its center console as well. For the Camaro, GM DOES sell just the USB port separately of any other parts, for about $27. It would appear that by ordering this part, I will be able to cut a hole in my existing console to mount the port and just use a generic USB cable run alongside the original console harness to get to the headunit in the dash.

I'll know more once said part comes in next week, but this seems like it's going to be the best option.

• 1 year later...

Hey V8GMT,

Did that Camaro part ever come in and did that option work? I'm adding a 2011 nav unit with USB to my 2009 Denali and want to add a port in my console. Thanks for the help!

Archived