Windshield Wiper Broken

My passenger side windshield wiper stopped working. A worn out blade caused enough resistance to eat the teeth on the post that links the wiper arm to the linkage assembly. So now the driver side wiper works fine, but the passenger side does nothing (the linkage turns the post which just rotates inside the arm). You can see the worn piece in the photo below. Just below the threads is where the teeth are worn.

So what I'm looking for is some direction on what parts I need to order and replace.

Can I replace just the post, or do I need to replace the linkage?

Where can I order the parts?

Does anyone have a diagram that would give me part numbers?

Thanks in advance.

Mel

Windshield_Wiper.jpg

• 2 months later...

Are you sure there were teeth there? The reason I ask is our 99 Chev Venture had wiper arms that were just held tight by the nut. I had to tighten it up a few times.

Are you sure there were teeth there? The reason I ask is our 99 Chev Venture had wiper arms that were just held tight by the nut. I had to tighten it up a few times.

There were definitely teeth on there. I just had mine off the other day to repaint the arms.

This link shows the parts catalog but it looks like the linkage and motor are one part. Wiper Motor and Linkage

Archived