Abs Problems

Rudy35

My truck has the ABS problem with ABS activation everytime I come to a stop. I pulled the wheels, brakes, rotors and took out the sensors and cleaned the mating surface of rust, and reassembled. Still have the problem. However when I pulled the passenger side sensor, it broke. I replaced it with a used one from a 2001 Chevy 1500 4x4. The two sensors looked the same.

My question is does anyone know if the sensors are year and vehicle specific? Could this be my problem or does the removal and rust cleaning method not the answer? By the way my truck is a 2004 2500HD 4x4.

Thanks for any help with this problem.

Randy

My truck is doing the same thing. If I had to guess it feels like its the right front sensor on my truck. I talked to a guy this summer and his was the right front also and he had the dealer do the repair for a couple hundred bucks.

We've seen this issue several times on GM trucks at my shops. Most of the time, it's sensors covered with metal filings or defective sensors intermittently failing to report a pulse. But on two occasions, it has been due to having different tire sizes on opposite sides. Having one worn tire and one with good tread will also cause the same.

We've seen this issue several times on GM trucks at my shops. Most of the time, it's sensors covered with metal filings or defective sensors intermittently failing to report a pulse. But on two occasions, it has been due to having different tire sizes on opposite sides. Having one worn tire and one with good tread will also cause the same.

Thanks. My tires are the same, I'm just wondering if the 2001 1500 sensor is compatible with my truck?

Another thought on this, I called a GM dealer to price a sensor and they needed my VIN #. Makes me think that maybe there are different sensor for model and years? Thanks for any info.

Archived