Onstar

OK. Not to debate the pros and cons of OnStar. That has been hashed to death.

Got an email today stating that my 'automatic' renewal of OnStar would begin in January 2011 @ $18.95 per month.

So I called to cancel and see if there was any incentives. CS just took my cancellation. That't it. Cancelled. CS did offer two free months.

So I call again and ask if the $149.00 promotion is still available. And after a wait - yes it is. So I took the $149.00 annual.

There may be more for those who are aggressive. Such as an extra 200 or 250 minutes on phone.

Yeah, when I used to have XM, I did the same thing. I'd always call to cancel and see if I could get the 5 months for 25 dollars, and it worked for a long time, but eventually I didn't use it anymore and let it go. As my ipod sounds so much better than that crappy narrow bandwidth xm and sirius uses. Of course, now that they've merged, their quality might be better with both bandwidths put together.

Yeah, when I used to have XM, I did the same thing. I'd always call to cancel and see if I could get the 5 months for 25 dollars, and it worked for a long time, but eventually I didn't use it anymore and let it go. As my ipod sounds so much better than that crappy narrow bandwidth xm and sirius uses. Of course, now that they've merged, their quality might be better with both bandwidths put together.

I have always had two vehicles - well, for a very long time anyway. My car is my primary transportation. The truck is just handy. But I do drive across country every year to warmer climates in the truck. So I do have the XM satellite radio. And where I live - hill and mountain country - we have sometimes two radio stations. So I do enjoy the satellite radio when in truck.

I did pick up an iPod on Black Friday at Wallyworld. All this technology is beyond me. But I will use the Ipod as an MP3 player on airplane trips. And some games. I don't use a cell phone enough to warrant a smartphone and the monthly fees. And AT&T has almost zero reception here.

2010 Chevrolet Colorado. I don't think that the radio on this truck has a connection for any MP3/iPod. I'll have to go out and look again.

Archived