Hard Wiring Led Tailgate Bar

I don't see why it would need constant power for a LED brake light. I'd just tap into your running light/brake light wires on the tail light.

Yet again, I've never installed one before so maybe someone else with experience can help you.

I spliced everything into my 7pin harness. I used scotch locks and then also covered with electrical tape. No problems here. I don't remember which ones I spliced into directly, but I know it was somewhat a pain in the butt to figure out which ones to connect to.

Yes everything you need is in the 7 pin connector.

trailerconnector.jpg

Trailer Connector

Pin Wire Color Function

A L-GN Trailer Backup Lamp Supply Voltage

B WH Ground

C D-BU Trailer Auxiliary Supply Voltage

D D-GN Trailer Right Rear Turn/Stop Lamp Supply Voltage

E RD/BK Battery Positive Voltage

F BN Trailer Park Lamp Supply Voltage

G YE Trailer Left Rear Turn/Stop Lamp Supply Voltage

You will need to make sure that the 12v battery positive feed is connected under the hood as it does not come that way from the factory.

Yes everything you need is in the 7 pin connector.

trailerconnector.jpg

Trailer Connector

Pin Wire Color Function

A L-GN Trailer Backup Lamp Supply Voltage

B WH Ground

C D-BU Trailer Auxiliary Supply Voltage

D D-GN Trailer Right Rear Turn/Stop Lamp Supply Voltage

E RD/BK Battery Positive Voltage

F BN Trailer Park Lamp Supply Voltage

G YE Trailer Left Rear Turn/Stop Lamp Supply Voltage

You will need to make sure that the 12v battery positive feed is connected under the hood as it does not come that way from the factory.

thanks everyone for your replies. i hooked everything up according to the directions. only problem is when i shut my truck off at night the light bar is still on. i stopped by on my way to work at napa and got some relays..hope that fixes it. the 12v on the hitch stays hot even when the key is off which is what it is supposed to do....but why would the running light part have power to it? and why only at night?

I found an adapter plug for the trailer wiring harness on ebay. It just plugged into the harness behind the 7 pin and allows you to plug the light bar into that, and you can still use the 7 pin for towing. It has been 3 or 4 years since I bought it so I'm not sure who I got it from but I would think any of the trailer hitch companys would have them.

Archived