2011 Hd Front Hitch

My new 2011 HD Silverado should be on line this week!!! Wondering if anyone has installed a front hitch on one of these? We used this setup on my 99 1500 to carry my wife's CRF 230 Honda when we tow our trailer. Wondering if the hitch will come out under the front spoiler or through where the licence plate is? I have ordered a long box, and I carry my Can Am Outlander in the box. Hoping maybe I can get the bike in there somehow possibly? Any thoughts?

Curt and DrawTite both make them. Curt drops below the front bumper, DrawTite comes out where the license plate is and requires trimming and a license plate bracket that goes in the hitch. Also DrawTite says it won't fit the Denali.

I have been thinking about putting one on myself. I have a couple of places I park trailers that are pretty tight and it might be nice for that.

Curt and DrawTite both make them. Curt drops below the front bumper, DrawTite comes out where the license plate is and requires trimming and a license plate bracket that goes in the hitch. Also DrawTite says it won't fit the Denali.

I have been thinking about putting one on myself. I have a couple of places I park trailers that are pretty tight and it might be nice for that.

Thanks for your reply.....sounds like the Curt may be too low for me, and yet I don't really want to cut my plastics :confused:

Here is a link to a video for the install on a 2007.5, I know the 2011 is a little different but it should give you an idea. All the trimming is behind the plate and when plate is in place you don't even know it is there.

Front Hitch Install

Thanks for the link Diesail......that install makes more sense than the hitch come out lower. I'll probably intall a set of driving lights in the tow hook holes while I'm in there.

Archived