Delayed Shifting

• 1 month later...

Hi. 

My problem is not listed;

99 sierra 2500 4x4 NBS 6.0l

after a hard stop ( like when someone slams on the brakes in front of you) , tranny feels like it's in overdrive and then after 5-10 seconds it finally comes to first. Last week it did it twice but only when cold.. today it did after a good hour of driving it. 

Any pointers or advice would be great. Thx

Edited by My3rdGmProduct

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have an 02 Silverado , When I release brake at red light it acts like it has to slip in gear, now this also happens

when I am already rolling off light. It does this 80% of the time. Now I have replaced u-joint and rear grease no 

change. Starting to worse, it sometimes slip during acceleration. No noise but you can feel it .

• 2 months later...

I have a 99 Chevy Silverado 1500 extended cab z71, with the 5.3l vortec automatic 4l60e transmission. It has reverse 1st, 2nd. An winds out an doesn't shift into 3rd. Manual shift same issue overdrive light goes off an on. #6 possibly, is there any other possibilities, speed sensor, shift solenoids, to much transmission fluid or wiring. Or am I rebuild bound. If I have to rebuild what brand clutch kit do you suggest is best? an do you know what it will cost? I want to fix it myself.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2016 at 11:31 AM, Alexruder said:

I have a problem like 2 and 3 but if I am doing 60 let's say and hit it to pass some one it revs up but doesn't go any where. It's always 2nd and every other gear is really nice and smoth. But it does it from 3 to 2nd or 1st to 2nd. I am just curious what you guys are thinking it is because I have had 10 people tell me 10 different things so just curious to see what you guys are saying.

Hey ALexruder currently have this exact problem on my 2013 chevy 2500 6.0L Gas. Curious if you ever fount the result!!??

• 3 weeks later...

Hello I have an 03 Chevy Silverado. And my truck feels like it don’t wanna shift for a few seconds into second when I get right in and go. If I wait and let truck warm up for a few mins it’s fine. It does this every time. But ones I get right in and drive and it does that shifting problem it only does it that one time till I turn it off and let it sit for a while. Hopefully it makes sense and someone can help me 

Edited by Liftedchevy207

• 1 year later...

I don't know if I see anything resembling my problem truck starts out fine it's a 05 Chevy 4x4 shifts good from 1rst to 2nd and 3rd to 4th but between 2 an 3 the roms get really high and then when I let off the gas it will shift its not a hard shift it is just taking it's time all other gears are shifting fine

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

So did you resolve the issue? How you described it sounds like I’m having the same issue I accelerate and the rpm’s just keep going almost to red line and doesn’t auto shift from 1st I have to let off the gas and accelerate slow and it’ll get back to normal I replaced the spark plugs along with spark plug wires Oem Acdelco , ACdelco fuel filter , oil change , new air filter ACdelco downstream 02 sensors previously had a code for it changed them out along with the fuses and has zero codes  and nothing still my next thing is changing out the trans fluid and filter and see if that does anything.