Progammers?

I have a 09 half ton pickup with a 6" lift rolling with 35s. I knew when I put that on my truck I would lose some mpgs. Well I lost 3 to 4 mpgs and a lot of my accerlation since I put the lift on the truck. Everyone I have talked to said to get a programmer installed. What do you think I should do to raise my mpgs and just get better performance out of my truck again?

Don't waste your money on a programmer, get a custom tune. BlackBear is the best.

BTW if your speedo is off then you are putting on less miles than you are actually driving. So this is making your mpg very low.

Does a tune just have one mode which is how I typically drive or can I change it up if I was to tow something?

If you want "other" tune options, then you'll need Autocal with Blackbear so you can have more than 1 tune to upload. Otherwise, you'll need to look at Superchips or Diablo trinity for something like that.

You won't get the mileage back unless you regear. What gears do you have? A gear swap to get your ratio back to near stock is what will get your mileage back. Another question is... was the PCM updated for the 35" tires? If not, then your mileage and speedo is off which would report incorrectly.

Archived