Post Pictures Of Your Trucked Leveled On 33s

yeah i wanna run that size to but damn its like $400 more then getting 275/60/20 and the 295/55/20 is only .78 wider and .21 shorter. I will also ad a 1.25 RC BL b4 i get wheels tires

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah i wanna run that size to but damn its like $400 more then getting 275/60/20 and the 295/55/20 is only .78 wider and .21 shorter. I will also ad a 1.25 RC BL b4 i get wheels tires

275/60/20 Cooper Zeon LTZ was my last set up before this one. I can tell you from experience that the numbers may not look like a big difference, but it was night and day! If you want an agressive look, go with the bigger tire.

Seems like just about everybody likes these 20" wheels. IMO they are "sport" wheels for street only tires. 20" wheels are also not prefered for any type of off road use, not enough sidewall.

OP, if you plan on doing any off roading, 17-18" wheels is the way to go IMO.

I totally agree !!! 17" or 18" if you plan on off roading .

For a street truck you maybe right. Not good for off road unless you have ample sidewall .

lol , I am a little old school . I want to swap my factory crappy 18's for a set of aftermarket 17's because I can buy a set of rims and tires for the price of 18" tires like a BFG AT 285/70/17.

True, but 99.9. % of us run our nnbs on the road as daily driver with an occasional trail or boat ramp. If I'm going wheeling I'm running a woods/mud truck and go all out.. And yes with whatever crappy 16" steel rim I can find and some 40" superwampers ..

As an owner of the original 4X4 (Jeep wrangler) I can add a few pieces of advice: If you are annoyed by noisy tires, do not buy M/T tires! IMO, BFG A/T's are the quietest with the Nitto A/T being right behind that. Bigger sidewall (For the most part) equals better off-road traction.

Get 2 sets of wheels/tires. No one ever felt bad about scratching a set of steelies off-roading.

As an owner of the original 4X4 (Jeep wrangler) I can add a few pieces of advice: If you are annoyed by noisy tires, do not buy M/T tires! IMO, BFG A/T's are the quietest with the Nitto A/T being right behind that. Bigger sidewall (For the most part) equals better off-road traction.

Get 2 sets of wheels/tires. No one ever felt bad about scratching a set of steelies off-roading.

This is 2011 these trucks come in 22" stock.. If ur not on ATLEAST 20's ur wasting your time.

Wheel size is all personal preference and taste. I wouldnt want 15's on my truck (if they would even fit) and wouldnt want 20's either. Something in between where I still have a nice looking wheel and some sidewall left for better performance offroad. I air down at least a few times a year either in sand or snow and it makes all the difference in the world. It can of course be done with 20's but isnt as effective unless you are rollin on some pretty big tires. Anyway, here is a pic of mine leveled with the 285/70 17 Cooper STT's and 17x8 ATX wheels I got put on yesterday. That is what this thread is about right?

truckou.jpg

Archived