Need a mechanic inside I610 Houston - URGENT!

leboyd

My daughter's Tahoe is losing battery power overnight and this morning in the rain the truck died while on the way to downtown. She lives inside the loop on the west side and works downtown, so a good mechanic in that area would be great.

It's a 97 with the 5.7. I had the battery and alternator tested, and although they tested good I upgraded the alternator to the 140 amp and the battery is a four month old yellow top.

I spoke with her yesterday and recommended her husband replace the battery cables and ensure the motor ground was good (any other grounds to check?). However, she worked late and they didn't have a chance to do anything.

So, with the Thanksgiving holiday just two days away it's best for her to take it to a good shop and have them check and repair it.

The closer to downtown, the better. Anyone have a good mechanic in this area?

Man Im sorry to hear that, but it sounds like her and I live right by each other (Im inside the West loop as well). I havent used any mechanics here, but there are a few I have seen that are on South Post Oak. She should know where that is at, and its only a few miles away

Archived