Build thread. 08 CC install

Oh man, once i messed with the EQ they sound soooo much better. Im amazed at the difference in them over stock.

I think only way to do it is by seriously hacking up the mounting brackets. and that will be irreversible. So if it doesnt work its going to be an expensive failure. lol. i just really dont want to use up the underseat space in the back.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with you, I need to not have anything under the backseat b/c my 125 dog takes up that space when he's back there. I'm really trying just to learn to live with the better sound that I got from the factory speakers when I installed the Advent OGM-1. It's hard though, b/c every vehicle I've owned up to this point has had a quality aftermarket sound system in it. I keep telling myself I'm too old, but I'm in crisis mode at this point b/c of my upcoming birthday. lol

I fail to see how one can be too old for a quality listening experience while they are in their vehicle! Especially if you drive every day.

I totally agree, my wife doesn't. :nonod:

I didn't mean any offense, I was just playing around.

• 2 weeks later...

So ive come to the decision not to hack up my console. Its not worth having to buy another if it doesnt work. So im building an underseat box that will hold a 10" Sound Solutions Audio Icon sub and power it with a sundown audio sax-1200d amp. What ever is left over will be underseat storage and thats what i have to deal with. I do plan on editing the console a little. I am going to run the wires for the headunit to ipod connection up to the main console and also have another usb connection in the bottom section for a solid state harddrive to hold all my music. One day i would like to make a fiberglass inlay for the top of the console to house my iphone. well see.

OK! So today i went to do my rear brakes...was dreading it and couldnt believe i already needed to at 46k. BUT they just needed a cleaning. So that was nice. With the extra time left from that i figured id tackle my rear pass door and the fact that the electrical wasnt working. Also easy, i forgot to plug the clip back in at the b-pillar. i also disconnected and reconnected the yellow clip on the belt tensioner for the heck of it because of the air bag issue. EVERYTHING is fixed. no more air bag light and the rear door all works.

My next update should include stereo pics. Sorry for the delay! But it does suck for me as well. lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I opened up this 45 lb box of deadener yesterday and got to work.

7a29f700.jpg

I got to work on only the front pass door. Here's two shots. One in the training process on the door and the other in the final trim process on the panel. I'll take other shots when i do the pass door. Hopefully tomorrow.!

0dfe25c4.jpg

40582143.jpg

Ok.. well i was excited to see that box! Anyways heres whats inside.

c920f80c.jpg

1179f056.jpg

b5987dc2.jpg

As you can see i ditched JL. I have read great things about sundowns amps and SSAs subs. This is an ICON-10 dual 2 ohm. Ill wire it to 1 ohm and the amp will supply 1200w at 1 ohm. The sub weighs 35lbs! It can handle 1250 watts so im just about perfect on powering it. Im going to build the underseat box for it. I have a 4 inch precision port and Am ready to go. Just need time.

Yea i cant wait to hear it! I may even throw some rap on to see what it can do. Old school stuff though.

Updates

I spent all day in the truck on sunday, my gf even helped!

First before she got there i did the updated dampening on the front door. Heres the finished look

f4a9154f.jpg

Then i fit the amp board...

622e911b.jpg

I put left over MLV and CCF where the amp board goes and then cut out the stock sound dampener so everything fits. Heres version one with amps mounted.

209eafe9.jpg

I Then noticed after we got it fit that the seat mounting bolts were basically against it. Had to take it out and re cut it. I cut the side with the amps shorter and mounted it up higher. Re mounted the amps and wired them up. Heres the semi finished product. Im going to have to adjust the grounds when i put the seats back in.

39418d98.jpg

66419f1c.jpg

Im gonna put the rug back and adjust some of the wiring, and test the sub amp. Im leaving the remote to the sundown unhooked for now. No point in running it without the sub. I need to put the single seat in and figure out how much im raising it, order the c-channel and then build my box. Im hoping to get alot done in the next two weeks. After then im having surgery and will not be able to work on it. I also have to add MLV and CCF to the rear doors and CLD tiles to the roof panel. I can wait on that till whenever its not affecting anything ATM.

• 1 month later...

Well i know its been a while. I had foot surgery and havent been able to get around much. After 3 weeks im back to work finally, but just sitting at the desk. still have a cast and boot on. I havent gotten anything done while i was off, i was hoping to. I got a couple brackets cut for my seat lift but thats about it. hopefully more to come, this build is not dead!

Archived