ADVENT NAVIGATION UNIT GPS TROUBLE

Where are you, location wise? I hardly use mine but when I do it seems to do the job but I am in the NY-Metro area which is always well mapped becuase of the population density. I can see if you are in a less populated area that they would focus less on perfecting the mapping.

Ernie

Trust me, it's not any worse than the Pioneer that I installed in my HHR. All Navi units are far from perfect. Quite often on the Pioneer I have to search with the street intersection function.

first off, is english your first language? just curious, cuz i'm having a tough time comprehending what your trying to say.

as for the address numbers not working properly, i don't have this issue. IIRC, there is a setting so that you can pick the region you are located in. double check this in your nav settings to make sure the correct region is selected.

although NavMate isn't perfect, it sounds like this "ability to change mapping" is going to be a pretty big deal with these Advents and it would be awesome to get something like Garmin or TomTom mapping.

Hello everyone i have made a mistake, i apolagize to every one who read my post , nav is working fine, i was doing something wrong. I wasn't placing the address correctly, Finally i called Walt in ADC mobile in washington, he is a great person he walk thru how to use the navigation, now as far as using the nav i dont have any problems . I am so glad i called MR: Walt in ADC mobile. Please ignore what i wrote before, Thanku Guys.....

Archived