iGo Primo utilities uploaded at ADCMobile.com

Is there an instruction type manual floating around anywhere that shows what each feature is on the SysConfig Tool? I've played around with some of the settings that I could figure out but there are a ton that I have no idea what they do...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The answer I'm looking for is where do you place the modified Sys.txt file created by the sys.text configurator? In the existing sys file in the root directory? The sys file in the root directory only has device info on it now, is that where you place it? I have spent DAYS looking on the web for this info, no one tells you where to place the modified Sys.txt file, just how to modify it :banghead:

I have made some modifications using the SysConfigurator program ADC has provided, when I created the sys.text file I saved it to my desk top. My question is now where do I place the file and how?

You replace the existing sys.txt in the same directory that has "MobileNavigator.exe", "branding.zip" & "data.zip". Of course, you backed up the entire contents of your SD card, right? :thumbs:

From what I've been able to tell, the more you have in sys.txt , the longer the bootup process, so use the options sparingly.

It might be worthwhile to start a new thread where people can share their modified sys.txt files for others to try...

If anyone wants a run through on the iGo Primo navi, I just uploaded a clip I shot during an install yesterday in a 2012 Toyota Camry:

Walt, Is it a possibility to just pay you to ship me a second SD card with the i go primo maps ready to be installed. I don't feel like messing anything up lol.

To get a card with iGo pre-installed, we'll have to wait for the official upgrade release from Advent or alternatively, back up the card that came with an iGo Primo-equipped navi unit.

From our experience, if you just back up the contents of the card, there's really nothing you can do to screw anyting up - if you make a mistake, just reinstall the stock files back onto the card...

if you have access to another unit with it already installed....I will pay for the cost of the card, your efforts, and shipping :)

Want to automatically start iGo when the deck fires up so it's all nice and toasty warm when you want to switch to it?

Check the "Time delay before start navigation" box on the interface option page (here it's set at 3 seconds):

igo_interface.JPG

Walt, how do I get to this page.

Want to automatically start iGo when the deck fires up so it's all nice and toasty warm when you want to switch to it? Check the "Time delay before start navigation" box on the interface option page (here it's set at 3 seconds): igo_interface.JPG

Want to automatically start iGo when the deck fires up so it's all nice and toasty warm when you want to switch to it? Check the "Time delay before start navigation" box on the interface option page (here it's set at 3 seconds):

You first need to download SysConfigurator either from my site or do a Google search - you'll be able to find it multiple places.

Then open "sys.txt" on your SD card (you backed up the card first, right?).

You'll then be able to set the options you want and save it back to the card (it will automatically save your original to a different file name so you don't have to worry about screwing things up).

Want to automatically start iGo when the deck fires up so it's all nice and toasty warm when you want to switch to it? Check the "Time delay before start navigation" box on the interface option page (here it's set at 3 seconds):

You first need to download SysConfigurator either from my site or do a Google search - you'll be able to find it multiple places.

You'll then be able to set the options you want and save it back to the card (it will automatically save your original to a different file name so you don't have to worry about screwing things up).

ok.......where is this sys.txt located on the sd card?

ok.......where is this sys.txt located on the sd card?

it is on the first page its labeled sys not sys.txt double click on it and u'll see

[device]

sdcard_name="SDMEM"

type="Audiovox_USA_OE"

this is were u install the new sys file created from sysconfigurator 1.2.1

when u open sysconfigurator go to file>open then find ur sd card or backup file and click on sys and then open

hope I explained that well enough for you

Thats great..........and yea its pretty clear thank you......

Only thing...iv been trying to download sys configurator from file factoery all day

Keeps saying .....all free download spots are being used.....but if you upgrade ...and pay...lol

i guess that figures

So I'm having some issues trying to add an option to the navi. I like all the features that came pre installed. The only thing I wanted to add was announce street name during route. I have opened up the syst configuration and checked the boxes in Tts and put back in but it's not working. Now it doesn't even announce any verbals. Take next left etc. need some help guys

Want to automatically start iGo when the deck fires up so it's all nice and toasty warm when you want to switch to it? Check the "Time delay before start navigation" box on the interface option page (here it's set at 3 seconds): igo_interface.JPG

I've modifed the sys.txt file with this option. I still have to go through the bootup process of the maps when hitting the nav button, no matter how long I wait after initial start.

Archived