iGo Primo utilities uploaded at ADCMobile.com

ADC Mobile customers can now access files that allow some pretty cool customization to iGo Primo.

Login and check out the "Support>Product Support>Advent Navi Support>Mapping Support>iGo Primo" tab.

Before even THINKING about using any of these tools, YOU NEED TO BACKUP YOUR SD CARD!

I cannot be held responsible for any data loss or other unintended consequences.

Login is required. (And no, I will not supply a login unless you purchased a unit from ADC Mobile - please don't ask!)

For ADC Mobile customer use only.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks' for the manual Walt - it should take the mystery out of some of the features. I downloaded the Naviextras utilities that you posted and made some changes to my system. All went well and I'll be looking at them in the coming days. I really like the red light camera feature, however, it added one more button that has to be pushed to signify that one is aware that the feature may not be legal in all locations. The SysConfigurator is a cool tool to make system changes without disabling the system. It will take some experimentation but I like it! The Advent system just gets better and better.

My unit had the red light camera alert as an option already. I turned it on and got the same prompt.

I don't know if it works as red light cameras and similar autonomous revenue generating systems are illegal in the great state of New Hampshire.

Best advice to use the SysConfigurator is to buy a second SD card and copy everything from the current card to the second. Keep the second card as a working backup. Experiment with the editor and see what works. If the NAV works with your changes, you're good to go. If not, put a working card in (the one you made as a backup) and try again with the card you're experimenting with. SD cards are cheap and they're available at Walmart, BestBuy and many other places.

Walt, Is it a possibility to just pay you to ship me a second SD card with the i go primo maps ready to be installed. I don't feel like messing anything up lol.

To get a card with iGo pre-installed, we'll have to wait for the official upgrade release from Advent or alternatively, back up the card that came with an iGo Primo-equipped navi unit.

From our experience, if you just back up the contents of the card, there's really nothing you can do to screw anyting up - if you make a mistake, just reinstall the stock files back onto the card...

How about someone posting detailed instructions on how to use the "Sys.txt" editor. I can't seem to figure it out.

One of the coolest things about iGo is that there have been guys working for many years to modify the system. I am just learning myself, but it looks like the system is WAY customizable and allows much more flexibility than any other system I've ever seen.

There is TONS of information out there regarding SysConfigurator and the sys.txt file in general - just do a Google serarch for "igo primo sys.txt explained" and you can waste the rest of your day if you want... :- )

The answer I'm looking for is where do you place the modified Sys.txt file created by the sys.text configurator? In the existing sys file in the root directory? The sys file in the root directory only has device info on it now, is that where you place it? I have spent DAYS looking on the web for this info, no one tells you where to place the modified Sys.txt file, just how to modify it :banghead:

I have made some modifications using the SysConfigurator program ADC has provided, when I created the sys.text file I saved it to my desk top. My question is now where do I place the file and how?

The answer I'm looking for is where do you place the modified Sys.txt file created by the sys.text configurator? In the existing sys file in the root directory? The sys file in the root directory only has device info on it now, is that where you place it? I have spent DAYS looking on the web for this info, no one tells you where to place the modified Sys.txt file, just how to modify it :banghead:

I have made some modifications using the SysConfigurator program ADC has provided, when I created the sys.text file I saved it to my desk top. My question is now where do I place the file and how?

Legit question. I have not spent "days" looking, but i also have not found this info.

Archived