iGo Primo utilities uploaded at ADCMobile.com

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Guys,

Just thought i would add to this thread. I have not installed my OGM1 yet, this coming weekend I will likely have some free time to do so, but i've been online here at work and came across this website:

http://www.igo8navig...hp?action=forum

anyone know what version of igo primo these units have installed?

Hey guys I have been playing with the configuration. I think what Walt means by the boot up is that you skip the safety warning. With mod it boots up then goes to map screen. Without it it boots up then safety acceptance screen comes on. Make sense?

Hey guys I have been playing with the configuration. I think what Walt means by the boot up is that you skip the safety warning. With mod it boots up then goes to map screen. Without it it boots up then safety acceptance screen comes on. Make sense?

i still get the safety screen. but i've always been moving when loading the nav, i haven't tried it with my truck parked.

i still get the safety screen. but i've always been moving when loading the nav, i haven't tried it with my truck parked.

Same here. I'll have to try it when I leave work this afternoon.

I just have to figure out how to re-download sysconfigurator

EDIT: Nevermind, I just found it :smash:

Have I missed somehwere with the latest regarding the "February firmware update"? Guess it might be in March now :shakehead:

Well, if this is the case, then add this to the next firmware update for the OGM to have it autoload the iGo software on radio startup.

I just have to figure out how to re-download sysconfigurator

EDIT: Nevermind, I just found it :smash:

Have I missed somehwere with the latest regarding the "February firmware update"? Guess it might be in March now :shakehead:

Advent is waiting on approval from Pandora before releasing it. there was a 02-04-12 update with very minor bug fixes for a few people with problems, but it wasn't the major update we were expecting

Tried it while still in park, and still required acceptance of the safety warning.

Sorry for not checking in here in awhile, guys, but I wanted to share what I found when I did this mod:

When using the stock sys.txt, the deck fired up and I went to navi, I always got the loading bar and the startup delay, no matter if I went to navi immediately or five minutes later.

When I used SysConfigurator and changed the "time delay before start navigation" to "3", if I went into the navi immediately, I still got the delay and the loading bar, but if I waited for anything more than 30 seconds and THEN went to navi, it was already sitting there at the "accept" screen (and I'm still working on getting around that - GRRRR...) So as far as I could tell, that mod automatically launched the navi bootup process.

From the feedback here, it looks like there's other things that have a bearing on whether or not that mod works all the time, so now we just have to figure out what that is.

Yea I just remember the major one was supposed to be out this month. I'm waiting for the xm steering wheel control lol

I check in DAILY to see what the status is on the next update - the guys at Advent HATE me ("it's HIM again? Tell him we'll call him when we know something...") :)

Seriously, it's been in Pandora's hands for since before CES, and we won't get it until they sign off on it...

Sorry for not checking in here in awhile, guys, but I wanted to share what I found when I did this mod:

When using the stock sys.txt, the deck fired up and I went to navi, I always got the loading bar and the startup delay, no matter if I went to navi immediately or five minutes later.

When I used SysConfigurator and changed the "time delay before start navigation" to "3", if I went into the navi immediately, I still got the delay and the loading bar, but if I waited for anything more than 30 seconds and THEN went to navi, it was already sitting there at the "accept" screen (and I'm still working on getting around that - GRRRR...) So as far as I could tell, that mod automatically launched the navi bootup process.

From the feedback here, it looks like there's other things that have a bearing on whether or not that mod works all the time, so now we just have to figure out what that is.

Walt, is there anything special we have to do after configuring the new sys.txt file? like delete the sys.txt.old or initially boot up the nav with the SD card removed? all i'm doing is opening the sys.txt on the SD card in SysConfig, i only changed the auto start to 3 seconds, and clicked create file. i even opened the new sys.txt file to make sure the lines were in there, and they were. it just seems like there's something special you have to do initially for the software to even open that file and see whats inside.

Walt, can you clarify please sir........ when I open my card in sysconfigurator mine is already set at "3" for the time delay start, are you simply un-checking that box so it will auto load??

For those ADC Mobile customers looking for the various iGo utilities, Holty came to the rescue and is hosting all the files on his server, so downloading these will be MUCH easier to do and you won't have to put up with the "ree Files" crap any more! Hit the Support>Product Support>Advent Navi Support>Mapping Support>iGo Primo to download all of the files from the new link...

A very public THANK YOU is in order for Holty!

Archived