Rosen indash nav

ROSEN DSGM1010-P11 ANYONE KNOWING ABOUT ANY PROBLEMS WITH THIS INDASH NAV/RADIO SYSTERM AFTER BEING INSTALLED IM MY 2010 SIERRA CREW CAB FOR THE LAST 8 MONTHS MY TRUCK SHUT DOWN WHILE DRIVING WITH MESSAGES ON THE INFO CENTER THAT MY TRACTION CONTROL WAS OFF STABLINK OFF REDUCEDED ENGINE POWER AND CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON WAS ONLY ABLE TO DRIVE AT 20MPH HAD TOWED TO GMC DEALER WHERE THEY PULLED THESE CODES U0184. B2476. C0040. C0035. P2138. C0242 WHICH THEY SAID THAT THEY ALL READ TO MY RADIO AND THAT IT WAS WIRED INPROPERLY AND THAT IT WAS INCOMPATABLE I EXPLAINED THAT IT IS A PLUG AND PLAY DIDNT MATTER SOULUTION IS TO REMOVE RADIO AND INSTALL MY FACTORY BACK ANY SUGGESTIONS OR DO I THROW AWAY A 1200.00 RADIO AND RETURN TO MY FACTORY SYSTERM OH YEA IT COST ME $125,00 BECAUSE GM WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER AFTERMARKET

ROSEN DSGM1010-P11 ANYONE KNOWING ABOUT ANY PROBLEMS WITH THIS INDASH NAV/RADIO SYSTERM AFTER BEING INSTALLED IM MY 2010 SIERRA CREW CAB FOR THE LAST 8 MONTHS MY TRUCK SHUT DOWN WHILE DRIVING WITH MESSAGES ON THE INFO CENTER THAT MY TRACTION CONTROL WAS OFF STABLINK OFF REDUCEDED ENGINE POWER AND CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON WAS ONLY ABLE TO DRIVE AT 20MPH HAD TOWED TO GMC DEALER WHERE THEY PULLED THESE CODES U0184. B2476. C0040. C0035. P2138. C0242 WHICH THEY SAID THAT THEY ALL READ TO MY RADIO AND THAT IT WAS WIRED INPROPERLY AND THAT IT WAS INCOMPATABLE I EXPLAINED THAT IT IS A PLUG AND PLAY DIDNT MATTER SOULUTION IS TO REMOVE RADIO AND INSTALL MY FACTORY BACK ANY SUGGESTIONS OR DO I THROW AWAY A 1200.00 RADIO AND RETURN TO MY FACTORY SYSTERM OH YEA IT COST ME $125,00 BECAUSE GM WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER AFTERMARKET

Do some Googling on the codes:

U0184 - Lost Communication With Radio (duh, it's not the factory radio any more)

B2476 - RADIO PRESENT SWITCH Ckt Failure (See above)

C0040 - Right Front Wheel Speed Circuit Malfunction (Probably a big deal)

C0035 - Left Front Wheel Speed Circuit Malfunction (Probably a big deal)

P2138 - Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor Circuit Range / Performance (Probably a big deal)

C0242: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=107361 Post #13 (Traction Control not working - probably because your wheel sensors and pedal position are not reporting!)

If you ask me, the problem isn't with your radio, it's with your dealer that can't figure out that the radio codes have nothing to do with your problem...

Congratulations! Your Dealer just broke a federal law. The Radio does not and would never have control over engine function. Charging you violated the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act which states that if an aftermarket part is installed warranty is only void on that part. Obviously engine controls have nothing to do with the radio. I would be at the dealer first thing in the morning demanding my money back and find another dealer to really fix your truck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson%E2%80%93Moss_Warranty_Act

Congratulations! Your Dealer just broke a federal law. The Radio does not and would never have control over engine function. Charging you violated the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act which states that if an aftermarket part is installed warranty is only void on that part. Obviously engine controls have nothing to do with the radio. I would be at the dealer first thing in the morning demanding my money back and find another dealer to really fix your truck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson%E2%80%93Moss_Warranty_Act

Get informed before making a claim like that. An improperly installed radio can cause electrical issues and set weird codes when there isn't actually an issue with it. The M-M act is sooooooo misunderstood.

Archived