White vs Pearl white; Who bought warranties?

a few questions I want to know is if any of you guys have experienced or see where regular white vehicles vs pearl white, one or the other last longer as far as the paint? Looking at a GMC Sierra, I notice they have the Summit White which is the regular white then they have the White Tricoat which appears to be more of a pearl. My wife has an 02 maxima and it appears to be on its original paint job since we bought it used in 04-05 and its been out in the weather too and still looks pretty good. Any other tidbits as far as the 2 you can share please do so.

Also, they have an Onyx black and a black metallic which the onyx i think isnt as shiny as the black metallic. Any info on the differences that you know about please share also.

As far as warranties on a used vehicle, when a vehicle is as is, how many of you guys purchase a warranty? If the vehicle happens to be about 3 yrs old and have about say 38k on it, I guess it would be one of them things to which you just wish to maybe take a chance or just cough up the extra loot to protect it just in case?

Thoughts?

Also, anyone ever went to a dealer and saw a vehicle you liked but it didnt have the leather or size and style wheels you wanted? Then the dealer say they will actually swap out the seats and the wheels lol? I just wonder about the interior and it though having the leather seats after swapping, it won't be as nice as to say the other vehicle that came equipped with the leather. Some features might actually be missing? Thoughts?

I can't speak for the durability of white over pearl but the paint with the metallic fleck in it hides the dirt alot better.

I've NEVER purchased an extended warranty on a new vehicle. It's just a waste because no matter what warranty you buy, what usually breaks, isn't the part covered.

And... Nothing wrong with the dealer swapping for wheels you like to make a sale, and to install leather on a vehicle thats not equipped with it isn't that hard. It's actually pretty easy.

dealers swapping wheels is common. The pain in the ass part about Gm is they don't usually do vehicle orders for customers where as Dodge and Ford will. You tell them what you want and in 6-12 weeks they build your truck. GM is somewhat of a pain because these guys want to find a truck then have some hack from the mechanics warehouse drive it a hundred miles to their dealer.

I would grab the vehicle of you choice and have them place wheels and leather in it. There is no difference between a vehicle with or without leather except that you have leather seats. They will also have to install the heated eat controls and power to them This is no big deal

The pain in the ass part about Gm is they don't usually do vehicle orders for customers where as Dodge and Ford will. GM is somewhat of a pain because these guys want to find a truck then have some hack from the mechanics warehouse drive it a hundred miles to their dealer.

I don't know where your getting that from. :dunno: The dealer did a quick search for the vehicle and options I wanted and when they didn't find it, they were more than willing to order it for me. So I did :lol:

dealers swapping wheels is common. The pain in the ass part about Gm is they don't usually do vehicle orders for customers where as Dodge and Ford will. You tell them what you want and in 6-12 weeks they build your truck. GM is somewhat of a pain because these guys want to find a truck then have some hack from the mechanics warehouse drive it a hundred miles to their dealer.

I would grab the vehicle of you choice and have them place wheels and leather in it. There is no difference between a vehicle with or without leather except that you have leather seats. They will also have to install the heated eat controls and power to them This is no big deal

GM always does vehicle orders, maybe it's the dealer you are dealing with that does not want to order a truck for a customer? There are many members here that did not find EXACTLY what they wanted on a dealer lot and placed an order. If there is an issue with a truck being ordered, it's not GM, it's the specific dealer.

Archived