Avalanche Rear AC vents?

has anyone installed a center concole from an 07+ avalanche into a gm900? Is there an option for these rear vents in the center concole on these trucks? i have a 2011 sierra denali but hate that it doesnt offer the rear ac vents like the avalanche does.

this is what im kinda talking about

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2010-Silverado-GMC-Sierra-Avalanche-4x4-Z71-Center-Console-Jump-Seat-A1-/360447758157?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53ec5c4f4d&vxp=mtr

its the same center concole just with the ac vents and radio contols correct? has anyone swapped them out and made them functional? been searching but no luck on anyone doing this.

• 10 months later...

On a truck with vents in the rear, there is ducting that the console sits over, and obviously hooks up to. Your pickup probably won't have these, so short of a) splicing into your ducting or b) installing all new ducting from an Avalanche (might not even be possible..depends on which interior you have), I think you're out of luck.

The console actually comes with the ducting from the same avalanche the console came from, and I understand it would require splicing of some sort. However, as to where the best location and method would be is my question. If anyone has pictures or any information on how this is done on the avalanche it would be greatly appreciated.

Archived