TPMS Dash Light Will not turn off?

Ryan00TJ

Hello everyone, I was reading this the other day and I also had an issue with my TPMS light staying on. Each sensor was reading accurately, however the light stayed on. I wasn't getting a low pressure warning or anything. I finally replaced the sensors and still had the same issue. Took it to my local stealership and hours later they came up with a solution, the module that reads the TPMS somehow got set to read my tires at 60psi and not the recommended 35psi, all they had to do was reprogram the module. Hopefully this helps...

• 5 months later...

Not sure if anyone is still monitoring this topic, but it seems that I am in a similar situation. I have not had any tire work done in over a year when I had all 4 replaced, but the sensor for one of my front tires started warning me about 7 days ago. The actual pressure in my tire is around 37 PSI but the sensor says that it is only 25 PSI. My tires are rated for 44 PSI. Really don't want to go to the dealer because my 2011 Silverado is far removed from warranty. 

Any other options to fix this thing?

• 4 years later...

Here is what I ran into with my 04 suburban. I chased that light for a year, New everything.  

What I found was the dimmer switch was causing a short through the instrument panel. Confusing the body control module and keeping the tmps light on.

I took the light switch out, took it apart cleaned all the old grease and grimeout of headlight switch as well as the dimmer switch. Put it back together with a some new dielectric grease it. I put the same dimmer switch back in. Hit the key and the light went out after the start up bulb test and no more service tire monitor.

I know that this sounds unreal and why would the dimmer switch effect the tmps? I asked the same questions. I found the dimmer switch code using my tmps scanner programmer. Thought oh great new problem. Fixed that pro lem and it fixes my tmps system. Good luck to all.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 5/12/2022 at 10:24 AM, nease said:

Here is what I ran into with my 04 suburban. I chased that light for a year, New everything.  

What I found was the dimmer switch was causing a short through the instrument panel. Confusing the body control module and keeping the tmps light on.

I took the light switch out, took it apart cleaned all the old grease and grimeout of headlight switch as well as the dimmer switch. Put it back together with a some new dielectric grease it. I put the same dimmer switch back in. Hit the key and the light went out after the start up bulb test and no more service tire monitor.

I know that this sounds unreal and why would the dimmer switch effect the tmps? I asked the same questions. I found the dimmer switch code using my tmps scanner programmer. Thought oh great new problem. Fixed that pro lem and it fixes my tmps system. Good luck to all.

We'll be dealing with the same issue on my friend's new Suburban project. The previous owner did a few lights mod on it including the dash lights, dim, and headlights. The TMPS light lit intermittently after. We'll check the wiring and connection when it returns from the shop for the installation of the brake pads and nitto tires, plus the alignment.