What Load Range Tire for a 2500hd

SSSilverado23

I bought a truck with new tires on it and decided to look them up. My truck is a 2500hd. The tires are a load range B, LT tire. I do some light towing a few times a year. nothing heavy. Is that tire not good for this truck? Should I purchase a new tire?

This is the tire That's on my truck. Are these tires acceptable or not ?

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/tires/falken/product/submitProductSize.do?pc=18420&tmn=Wild+Peak+A/T&typ=Truck/SUV

Sent From Samsung Galaxy S3

That looks like an E rated tire to me. I think the B means Black sidewall as opposed to W or OWL for white letters.

But, I may be wrong. It wouldnt be the first time.

Ya I thought it was the rating. Hopefully someone else will chime in on that tire or how to tell it's load range.....

Sent From Samsung Galaxy S3

Read the actual tire side wall, the rating will be stated on there.

For our trucks a load range E is what is required to maintain the capacity of the truck and for your safety.

Those tires look they are a good AT tire, I'm currently looking for some new tires, boy are tires expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

The tires are load rated to handle both the 6000 lb. weight of the truck and the weight of passengers in the cab and the weight of a payload (including trailer toungue or pin weight) in the bed. E rated tires usually are load rated for over 3,000 lbs. and provide 6,000 lbs. of support at the rear axle minus the 3000 lbs. of the truck for a load capacity of at most 3000 lbs. in the bed.

There are E rated tires with load capcities ranging up to 3750 lbs. but this may be overkill for your needs. Good news is that the E rated will cost more than D rated tires but you will get longer tread life with your heavy duty truck.

Archived