New exhaust sound coming soon

New Spintech muffler should be at my door some time soon and I got the 3.5" dia. straight pipe ready to replace the rear resonator.

Hope it sounds as good as the clip on the you tube vid I've watched and listen to a few times.

My Spintech muffler came in today :) and I have the straight pipe for the resonator replacement already so I think I will take it to the shop this friday, BUT should I weld all the new joints or use band clamps?

• 1 month later...

I'd get it welded but make sure you get someone that can actually mig weld worth a dam. I got my exhaust done by a shop and they did some horrible mig welding there was whiskers all over the place. And they used some sort of putty to seal it up so now I have 2 pretty bad exhaust leaks.

Sent from my smartass iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you ever get your exhaust on?

I'd get it welded but make sure you get someone that can actually mig weld worth a dam. I got my exhaust done by a shop and they did some horrible mig welding there was whiskers all over the place. And they used some sort of putty to seal it up so now I have 2 pretty bad exhaust leaks.

Sent from my smartass iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfourtuantly I haven't done yet and I keep trying to get to it.

I will be welding the pipes to the muffler while its on the work bench. Then using band clamps to install between the section I cut out. I'm off till Jan 2 so hopefully in that time frame.

Never heard of spintech, What does it compare to?

That's a good question, I'm not sure I found a clip on you tube and I went from there.

All I can say is it sounds amazing on the 6.2 in the video.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Archived