Remote Start

Has anyone else had this problem, using the remote start the a/c and radio does not come on until the key is turned into the ingition. It previously worked a couple of weeks ago, I plan to make an appointment to have it checked out. Just was wandering if anyone has run into this.

I have the factory remote start, an mine has always been like that. When using the remote start, the AC or heat would come on, depending what the outside temp was, but as soon as the key is turned to ON, then the climate controls would come on to the setting last at. Same as radio, does not come on using remote start till key is turned on.

Thanks for the reply, according to the dealership, no matter what the temp is at least the radio should come if it was on when turned off. I remember the first couple of times i use it the instrument cluster was also lite up. Then when the key was turned everything went off and came back on.

I must have been imagining things, you are all correct, dealership says dash and radio will not come on, but blower does not blow hard. Just like it was on the low setting, still taking to dealership to check the blower. Again thanks for the replies.

When the climate control is set to auto, like when you remote start, the blower will not "rev up" until the engine warms up a little. I guess it senses there is no need for the blower until there is some heat to blow.

That's what I've noticed with my '06.

Brought truck to dealership and found that it is functioning properly, you are all correct, a/c will not blow hard until the key is turned in the ignition. And definitely the radio and instrument cluster does not come on. Must have been a monday morning when i had tried this, lol

Archived