Left front speaker quit?

ok for the last week all of the left side speakers are not working...stopped by local best buy store and the guy told me that it is either the speakers are blown or the radio is crapped out......i would not think the speakers could be blown since they work sometimes and sometimes not/..anywayz just asking here but what kind of radios would u recommend..not looking for anything that is gona blow my windows out since I am not into real loud music...just something that sounds good...and any good suggestions on speakers also??

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok for the last week all of the left side speakers are not working...stopped by local best buy store and the guy told me that it is either the speakers are blown or the radio is crapped out......i would not think the speakers could be blown since they work sometimes and sometimes not/..anywayz just asking here but what kind of radios would u recommend..not looking for anything that is gona blow my windows out since I am not into real loud music...just something that sounds good...and any good suggestions on speakers also??

My speakers did that you really should test your speakers don't go off some dumb kid at bestbuy. Also test the wires at the speaker connection with a different speaker, you might be wasting money just buying another radio.

Sent from my Nokia 5190 using Tapatalk 2

Won is being a little crazy saying that. If you don't have experience pulling panels do some research around here. Basically pop all covers off (plastic tools are king here) remove bolts in my model there are 2 behind the handle and one behind the door opener. Then starting at the bottom pry the panel off work your way around popping it off its held on by clips. Then it lifts up and off. It might feel like its gonna break but that is how it goes the first time, the hardest part is disconnecting the door release cable after that. Like I said look it up.

For speakers I HIGHLY recommend the Polk DXi 6500's. I got them because of recommendation on here and love them. I have the 6500's in my front doors and the 460p's in my back doors. They were $150 for the 6500's and $75 for the 460p's after discount

I picked them up 25% off at best buy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Left door speaker first was intermittent, then stopped working completely in my '08 Silverado. Crap speakers. Tons of posts here and elsewhere...GM/Chevy should be ashamed of using our tax dollars to finance buying crap speakers. And then have their speakers built into the mounting ring as well. Will go buy some better speakers and with the help of Mr. Dremel Tool, use that mounting ring with a speaker worth buying. Interesting how these OEM speakers are going after 3-4 years.

And to top it off, courtesy chime and turn signal clink-clink don't work with front driver side door speaker blown. Hmmm, wonder if that's all related to why these speakers seem to be the first to go?...

Oh yeah I forgot to add if you have roll up windows you need to pop the clip off to get the handle off, look that up too. It's hard without a small slim tool I bought a plastic tool set that had something that worked 18$ at princess auto.

Damn, my left speaker started coming in and out yesterday! I thought it was the iPod cable I was using, was going bad, but no it's not, bought a new cable and it does the same shit. My trucks a 2011 and doing this bs, I have 26k on my truck you think the bumper to bumper will cover this.

Archived