Left front speaker quit?

I got out of my 2007 GMC truck this morning to go to work and the speakers worked good and when i got back into it this afternoon to come home i noticed that the left front speakers were not working. The speaker in my left front door and the speaker in my windshield post stopped working. I can change the balance to the left side and can hear a very faint sound from the front speakers....I do not play my music loud so i dont believe that both of these speakers are blowed as they both went out at the same time. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what the issue might be....I want to think it maybe a wire loose or cut?...any help would be great, Thanks in advance Steve

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How would his concern be resolved its a 2007 model year, like GM is gonna man up on a couple speakers on a 5 year old vehicle if they would, then they should fix my squeaking seat, where the front clip never stayed attached on either.

Where did you come from, why do you randomly post in threads asking if concerns were resolved when obviously the question was just asked? Or as in the other thread stating you don't help outside the US?

Your posts are redundant and quite frankly useless you seem to pick a thread randomly and then offer a useless statement for a post.

I am simply here to offer my assistance. I am a customer assistance representative. I can look into your concerns for you with the last eight of your VIN. This allows me to check into recalls or other special programs that may relate to your concern. I am not a mechanic and am not able to diagnose the concern, bit I can set up case and get in contact with dealers in certain circumstances for more assistance. My goal is to help in finding resolution. Feel free to contact me if you would like more assistance or have additional questions.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Remove the speaker and test it. I tested mine on a crappy home stereo. Or take the speaker out the try a speaker that you know works. But just so you know, gm stock stereos use a special plug on the wire end.

Sent from my Nokia 5190 using Tapatalk 2

thanks but i dont think it is a speaker issue to be honest. The reason i say that is last Sunday the back speaker was working fine and nothing on front and when i went to work on Monday I got nothing out of the left side...no front or rear sound and while i was driving home Wednesday afternoon the front speakers started working again.....did not run over any bumps in the road ...smooth riding , it just started working again??

Well go about it how you want but as unlikely as it sounds its more likely a speaker issue where you had more than one go bad than a deck issue. Start by testing speakers there is no easy fix you have to pull panels to test anything stereo related.

When my front failed it also started working again for a day or 2.

Sent from my Nokia 5190 using Tapatalk 2

Archived