upgrade stock sound system

Hey guys Im, looking to upgrade my stock sound system on my truck. I got a 2004 Gmc 2500 ccsb non bose system. Im not trying to go all out with this just want something better than stock and with some good bass. Also i am looking at upgrading the headunit while im doing this. I have no clue when it comes to electronics and anything sound related so can someone give me a good list to go by with everything that i would need. Im looking at the full screen with dvd or gps. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For the head unit don't even mess around go with the best first. That's a Kenwood 9990HD, it's garmin, has traffic, and is top of the line out there. Bluetooth pandora iphone whatever, its the top, I investigated. Get a refurbished one off eBay they had some problems in the beginning with firmware and refurbished ones should be good to go. I paid 799$ for a new (refurbished from kenwood) for my pontiac sunfire. Would have put one in my truck but OGM1 was a better option for my model. If your scared of refurbished (I wouldn't be and people I know who have new ones and wish they went that route) don't be its done by kenwood and comes with everything as if it was new and you get the factory warrenty. A new one is like 200$ more.

The problem is GM uses stock radios for door chimes and what not so you gotta buy modules and stuff like that. I don't know what you need for that and my sunfire already had modules for door chimes from the previous owner which was my sister.

I just installed those Polk DB651s speakers in my front and rear doors (also at Crutchfield's recommendation) and have been extremely impressed with them. Excellent speakers. They are hooked up to an Alpine amp.

I've heard really good things about that Infinity Basslink, but I've never listened to one in person.

I just installed those Polk DB651s speakers in my front and rear doors (also at Crutchfield's recommendation) and have been extremely impressed with them. Excellent speakers. They are hooked up to an Alpine amp.

I've heard really good things about that Infinity Basslink, but I've never listened to one in person.

what channel amp do you have it hooked up to. the people at crutchfield didnt tell me i needed an amp but i think i might benefit from having one

Archived