Seat Covers and Air Bags.

They could redirect how the bag deploys I'd bet, possibly toward your body. With the force those deploy I wouldn't dare buy a seat cover unless they were compatible and in all honesty, trading a clean seat for your own safety is extremely, extremely stupid.

That's why I posted. I was thinking about it myself and it seems like the bag would push right into the side/back of your rib cage with a seat cover installed. That could lead to to broken ribs and a punctured lung.

Maybe I'm being paranoid but until I hear otherwise I think I'll just dirty up my seat, I mean I did it with my other 4 trucks. Why change now?

Side curtain bags, no but they will mess up deployment of the seat mounted air bags unless bought from a vendor that marks them as airbag compatible.

Well said....................Don't put any covers on your seats that are not made for airbags. Seems petty but it can mean your life if there were an accident.

That's why I posted. I was thinking about it myself and it seems like the bag would push right into the side/back of your rib cage with a seat cover installed. That could lead to to broken ribs and a punctured lung.

Maybe I'm being paranoid but until I hear otherwise I think I'll just dirty up my seat, I mean I did it with my other 4 trucks. Why change now?

Yeah, I used to see countless cars with lousy autozone covers on the seats when I was at the dealership and it always made me shake my head. Worst was a car that had the cover up front and then a kid seat- they're not even supposed to be up front and that airbag behind the seat is going to do all kinds of harm to the kiddo if the car ever were in a wreck.

Archived