2012 Silverado Key Fob problem

On my new in January 2012 Silverado I have been noticing for several months that when I try to use the key fob to lock the doors I get no response, sometimes I have to actually be as close to touch the truck for it to work other times I have to put a little distance from the truck for it to work. It finally got to the point that it didn't work at all so I replaced the battery and it all seemed fine but 2 weeks after the battery replacement it is acting up again, it locked the doors today but the remote start would not work. I have a spare remote that my wife uses when she rarely drives it and it worked fine today. Do these remotes wear out??? I wouldn't think so since they are only around a year old. I also cleaned the contacts with a pencil eraser and it made no difference. Any other ideas???

Something pressing down a button in your pocket maybe? Fob is part of the 3 year 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty, so it'll work out for you if it's bad. For now, take the wife's remote, trucks are for men. (sorry Sarah, just kidding. My wife was watching me type. Is that my first warning?)

Archived