Question on the Chevy/GMC trucks

What was the first year for the 6.2l motor / 6sp auto tranny / and rear disc brakes being standard?

We are planning on keeping my truck for another year, we plan on adding onto our family next year so I am going to sell of my ext cab and pick up a crew cab. Main thing is I want 6.2l motor, 6sp transmission, 4 wheel disc brakes, 4x4 and center console (leads me to think I will have to get higher end interior package).

So what is the oldest year I will be able to go and get all of the above items?

Ryan the only way to get the center console is in the higher trim packages, I think on the GMC it is the SLT package. Denali is out as I want true 4x4 and not AWD that is going to kill even more gas mileage as well.

Once I know the year minimum then it will help me sort the years out. And while the drums work, they are archaic and look like crap most all of the time and are a pain in the ass to work on compared ot disc. I still to this day dont understand how my 2001 Silverado has disc on the rear and then GM steps backwards and goes with drums on the trucks after that,

Looks like you can find an 09-newer truck. LT/SLE has a center console option

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

I thought disc brakes came standard on the gmt800s and forward? My Z has discs all the way around and my dads 2wd has discs on the rear

My 2wd has drums on the back, I think discs became optional since some of the earlier models were having issue's.

Starting in 05 rear discs on the 1500's went away unless you got an NHT. The NHT's and the SUV's kept rear discs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Archived