(2007 - 2013 NBS) Where on your firewall do you run your power wire th

Title says it. For those of you who run an aftermarket stereo system, where on your 2007 through 2013 Silverado/Sierra firewall do you run your power wire through?

Do you drill a hole or use an already existing OEM grommet?

• Like 1

I cut a small slit in the main harness near the brake booster. Worked great for me as I ran my amps under the drivers seat. It is a little of a pain because the grommet is double thick.

i went under the floor on the passenger side. there's a factory grommet you can drill right through and don't have to worry about getting near any factory wires at all.

That is where I went through for my backup camera and nerf bar lighting. Just knocked one out and replaced it with a rubber grommet. good to go!!

i went under the floor on the passenger side. there's a factory grommet you can drill right through and don't have to worry about getting near any factory wires at all.

That is where I went through for my backup camera and nerf bar lighting. Just knocked one out and replaced it with a rubber grommet. good to go!!

I didn’t know there were holes in the floor pan. Are they meant to be a pass-through for vehicles with different options?

I didn’t know there were holes in the floor pan. Are they meant to be a pass-through for vehicles with different options?

Using the floor grommets is absolutely a great idea because you have easy access from the top and the bottom and they are extremely easy to seal up once you are done passing through your cables. Contrast that to passing anything through the firewall, where it is always extremely difficult to seal the hole or grommet from leaks...

Using the floor grommets is absolutely a great idea because you have easy access from the top and the bottom and they are extremely easy to seal up once you are done passing through your cables. Contrast that to passing anything through the firewall, where it is always extremely difficult to seal the hole or grommet from leaks...

How do you provide protection for the cable running it under the truck?

How do you provide protection for the cable running it under the truck?

Cover your cables in plastic split loom like the factory does and you won't have any problems at all – your cable runs will look like factory stuff and they will be very well protected...

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...