JL4 RPO Code?

Hello Guys, when it says: Except Active brake control, (JL4), it means that your

vehicle doesn't have JL4. Right! The reason why I'm asking this question

is because I went to the dealer and they sold me the front disc brake pad kit part # AcDelco 171-0975 or OEM GM 25918341 which it's for vehicle with JL4. But looking in the glove compartment at the service parts id sticker, i don't see the JL4 code on there. what i can see is the JF7. My question is: Do they give me the wrong brake pads for my truck. Thanks.

Magic Wheels,

Has your question been answered? Feel free to contact me as well with the last eight of your VIN if you need additional assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

The vin # is 5Z310976

JL4 was not an option on any GM pickup truck until 2007 current body style therefore, you don't have it.

ACDelco Parts Catalog

PAD KIT-FRT DISC BRK
Part Number: 171-0974 = 25910431 Product Notes:
Front Disc Brake Pad Kit
Crew Cab; 7, 000 Lb Vac Power Brk (JF3); Except Active brake control, (JL4)
Ext Cab; 6, 400 Lb Vac Power Brk (JF7); Except Active brake control, (JL4)
Reg cab; 6, 400 Lb Vac Power Brk (JF7); Except Active brake control, (JL4)
Per Vehicle: 1; Years: 2005-2005

PAD KIT,FRT DISC BRK
Part Number: 171-0975 = 19257667 Product Notes:
Front Disc Brake Pad Kit
Crew Cab; 7, 000 Lb Vac Power Brk (JF3); Active Brake Control (JL4)
Ext Cab; 6, 400 Lb Vac Power Brk (JF7); Active Brake Control (JL4)
Reg cab; 6, 400 Lb Vac Power Brk (JF7); Active Brake Control (JL4)
Per Vehicle: 1; Years: 2005-2005

Edited by Magic Wheels

• 9 months later...

What is the difference between JL4 pads and regular pads?

The reason I'm asking is because by mistake I purchased non-JL4 pads for a Tahoe that has JL4... they appear the same but what would be the problem if I installed them?

Replacement pads there seems to be no difference. If using an ACDelco pad, the Durastop replacements are the same either JL4 or not. The OE pads are different, but I am not sure why.

Replacement pads there seems to be no difference. If using an ACDelco pad, the Durastop replacements are the same either JL4 or not. The OE pads are different, but I am not sure why.

Although ACDelco makes both a non-JL4 version (ACDelco part# 17D1367CH and GM part# 19241581) and a JL4 version for double the price (ACDelco part# 1711074 and GM part# 22742382) I just installed the non JL4 version and they fit no problem.

Although ACDelco makes both a non-JL4 version (ACDelco part# 17D1367CH and GM part# 19241581) and a JL4 version for double the price (ACDelco part# 1711074 and GM part# 22742382) I just installed the non JL4 version and they fit no problem.

That other part number is the OE pad. 19241581 is the Durastop line. Even the non-JL4 OE pad is double the price.

• 2 years later...