Exhaust Tip Paint?

I'm wanting to paint my tips a satin or flat black. Has anyone done this previously? What paint do you guys recommend? Primer first? How did it hold up over time?

I would take steel wool to them first. Then clean real well with rubbing alcohol. Then use a High heat primer that is sold usually for engines / comes in spray can. And top coat with high heat paint whichever color / finish you like.

Yeah that was mostly what i was thinking. Just wondering if anyone had any recommendations on brands or experience with any decent paint that won't flake off in 2 weeks.

Mostly paint fail is from Prep , Not product..

As long as it has a good surface to bond to and high heat, It should be permanent.

The paint i used in the past on engine part was VHT. Also used Rustoleum High heat. The VHT is rated @ 500 degrees, and rustoleum was closer to 1000

Rustoleum is good paint. Just a random thought but the first thing that came to my mind was paint that is used to coat grills to cook on. We repainted ours the other day, coats nicely and is rated for high heat. Rustoleum would be my first choice though

Archived