Some questions and possibly part numbers...

I am trying to go to almost full 06 VMax/NHT on my tuck. Engine/Trans/Axle/Leafs.

1. Did the 06 NHT have drums or discs on the rear?

2. I got a price on a GMT-900 NHT 14 bolt rear housing from a dealer that takes discs, but they won't give me a part number. Can I get this number?

3.Are the NHT springs different from the standard 3 leafs on the 1500's?

My guess is on a 2012 if it says disc brakes then it is the 14 bolt. Is this assumption correct? Showing 22847704 as the part number for the complete assembly

axle.jpg

axle.jpg

axle.jpg

axle.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. The '06 GMT800 NHT trucks had drums.

2. I can get you a part number when I get to the dealership tomorrow.

3. On the GMT900 NHT trucks yes,the springs are different,on the GMT800's I'm not sure,I'll have to check.

With my already purchased brake system I need discs so I guess it would be 07+ NHT. If you could tell me if that part number I gave is correct and what all it comes with, that would be great Rich

Rob getting hard to tell when you are bored or just confused. NHTan RPO code

Searched For: NHT

NHT Max Trailering Pack
NHT Vortec Max Performance Pack

You can alter the truck to replicate an SS, but the vin number will always tell you that its former glory is only a lie.....

Why not just look for an SS truck? I see plenty out there and hell, I have ran into a few SS Intimidator's if your into Nascar. But to each their own and you can go the limit on what you would like to do to your truck. For me, I would like to throw a 427 with twin's and have it as my daily driver, just need some funding lol. Good Luck though!

What does it matter if he's keeping the truck? I mean its his truck, he already owns its, why look for another truck when he already has one? Only time he'll have to worry about somebody else running the vin to check for "authenticity" is if he sells it, I doubt he'll want to sell it after putting on all those mods.

You can alter the truck to replicate an SS, but the vin number will always tell you that its former glory is only a lie.....

Why not just look for an SS truck? I see plenty out there and hell, I have ran into a few SS Intimidator's if your into Nascar. But to each their own and you can go the limit on what you would like to do to your truck. For me, I would like to throw a 427 with twin's and have it as my daily driver, just need some funding lol. Good Luck though!

Truck won't be sold. I tow with it. It has sentimental value being that it was the last gift my grandmother got me before she died. And the "Authenticity" will be the sticker under the hood where the State of California says it has been certified to be swapped with a 6.0

I get bored with it and like changing things. I have the 6.0 so now its getting a 4L65E and a 14 bolt. Also heavier leaves. The truck will be seeing a lot more power than it already has so some strengthening up is in order.

I like the SS but I can't see myself putting 20+k/year on an SS

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

With my already purchased brake system I need discs so I guess it would be 07+ NHT. If you could tell me if that part number I gave is correct and what all it comes with, that would be great Rich

The GMT800 trucks all have the same rear leaf springs.

22847704 is a 9.5" rear axle listed for an NHT truck with the following items........3.73 ratio,rear discs,7,700 lb. brake system,G80 locking diff.,and JL4 Stabilitrak.

What does it matter if he's keeping the truck? I mean its his truck, he already owns its, why look for another truck when he already has one? Only time he'll have to worry about somebody else running the vin to check for "authenticity" is if he sells it, I doubt he'll want to sell it after putting on all those mods.

I guess you didn't read what I said. Or didn't comprehend what I was saying. He and I have the same feeling about our trucks. Though he got his from a family member that passed, this is my first truck I purchased on my own and has been the best vehicle I have owned so far. That being said, I told him I want a 427 with twins on it, does that tell you I probably plan to keep my truck for awhile now?

My goals are simple.12's the legal way and still be able to tow. But I would like to strengthen things and replace wearing parts

If I'm not mistaken, the ss intimidator came with a totally different suspension setup than the regular ss trucks. You could look into that also.

Not going for the ISS. It requires me to put on a Silverado front end. And they also had 4wd suspension just no transfer case/front diff.

I am going NHT style because I won't lower my truck

The GMT800 trucks all have the same rear leaf springs.

22847704 is a 9.5" rear axle listed for an NHT truck with the following items........3.73 ratio,rear discs,7,700 lb. brake system,G80 locking diff.,and JL4 Stabilitrak.

So what would be needed for to add brakes to this axle? Looks like I need the wheel studs, calipers, pads, rotors, but is there anything else. I would like to just do a quick swap,bleed brakes, and drive.

Local dealer said he could let it go for $2450

Rob getting hard to tell when you are bored or just confused. NHTan RPO code

Searched For: NHT

NHT Max Trailering Pack

NHT Vortec Max Performance Pack

i didnt know honestly

Archived