Keyless dead - suggestions?

I recently bought a 1999 K1500 SL from a small dealer that appeared to be a repo because the title was in a bank's name and it didn't come with any factory keys or remotes - he got it at the local dealer auction. It runs great and seems to have been reasonably well cared for. I'm having trouble getting the keyless remote to work.

The sticker in the glove box says AU0 on it so I'm thinking it had the equipment to work from the factory. I got a new remote from fleabay that I've been told is compatible (rounded 2 button remote from GM of that vintage).

In programing the remote using the same directions from several sources: hold down lock, cycle key 2X, etc. When I take my finger off the door switch I hear the relay click and the locks do not cycle. I assume this means I'm not going into program mode.

I replaced the relay but that's not it. What else can I check before I send it to a shop and start spending real money I don't have?

Thanks for the assistance,

Buin'

• 2 weeks later...

My keyless broke so I'm using to old fashioned method. Seems to do the trick about 100% of the time...

Take it to a dealer?

STINSAN3, where are you in VA? I just noticed that your location is VA. Not too many members that I have met on here are from VA

My keyless broke so I'm using to old fashioned method. Seems to do the trick about 100% of the time...

STINSAN3, where are you in VA? I just noticed that your location is VA. Not too many members that I have met on here are from VA

I live in SWVA, Richlands.

Archived