Hey all, I decided a while ago, to go with a new optics set up and I finally received my EGW scope mount that I ordered some 7 weeks ago. I also received a set of Warne Maxima Quick Detach 1" Med Rings, Probably could have gone with low rings, for my 336 Dub-Ya. I purchased the rifle used, for $299.95, with a Marlin Series 800 Scope, Weaver base & Tapco rings. I purchased the rifle knowing those were gonna get changed out. After a lot of thought and reading, I decided on a Redfield Revolution 2-7x33 Scope, Warne Maxima QD Rings and the Evolution Gun Works (EGW) mount. This rifle will be used for everything from killing office supplies, hunting pigs and home defense. With that in mind I felt in necessary to be able to quickly and easily be able to switch between different sight options, (Scope, Iron Sights and Red Dot). This setup gives me the ability to do so. The EGW base fits the gun really well and follows the contours of the receiver. Having a picatinny rail system allows me to put my scope just where I need it and the ability to use a red dot when needed and place that where I want it. I elected to go this route instead of the XS Sight rail because I wanted to use the iron sights if needed and not be forced to mount my scope so far forward. I appreciate the ability to be able to quickly remove the scope and go to irons if I have some sort of failure of the scope. It's all about flexibility. I have seen some reviews saying that the screws were too long for the 2 center holes, not the case in my situation. The rail is made of aluminium, the rings are made of steel, so the rings do add a little more weight to the rifle over aluminum rings, but are substantially more durable. The Warne rings lock in tight and don't move at all. All and all I'm extremely pleased with the results. Now I gotta sight in the scope. So here are the pics.

IMG_0010.jpgIMG_0018-1.jpg

hi Sinkhole,

i am agree with you,this new optic set has excellent features like brightness, clarity ,proper light transmission etc.it has good performance due to advance features.it is beneficial for everyone.

Archived