Whats my truck worth?

Truck is worth what someone will pay you. I personally do not think it's worth what you are asking but I could be wrong. I would realistically offer you about 8k if that. My 06 is supposedly worth over 12k but I wouldn't ask for that much.

price is a little to high... very limited market to find someone who will pay close to 10,000 for a truck with 160k miles on it.

i have a 2001 silverado ext cab short bed 4x4 im trying to sell with 135k miles, asking around 6 for it

168000 miles is like 273000 kms... up here, 5 grand maybe if its clean... but as low as 2500 or less needing work. Since you US guys overpay on used stuff maybe 7500. Ask 9 maybe. You can't go up, just down.

Sorry.... no its not..... not in Alberta anyway. My 03 is legitimately cleaner than most peoples 2011s and with 164000 kms ( 102000 miles) on it I paid 7 grand.... Came with new shocks, new front end, new transmission and brand new tires. No body damage, zero rust on the body and next to no rock chips in original paint. Loaded truck beyond leather... so yes bose, buckets, digital climate, steering wheel controls and extended dic, and dl3 mirrors... and a 6 liter crew cab obviously. In fact all my listed trucks were cheap. And no I don't go to auctions.

However south of the border is a different world so yes it is worth more there.

That said with the body damage the ops truck has... maybe the 7000 mark.

Sorry.... no its not..... not in Alberta anyway. My 03 is legitimately cleaner than most peoples 2011s and with 164000 kms ( 102000 miles) on it I paid 7 grand.... Came with new shocks, new front end, new transmission and brand new tires. No body damage, zero rust on the body and next to no rock chips in original paint. Loaded truck beyond leather... so yes bose, buckets, digital climate, steering wheel controls and extended dic, and dl3 mirrors... and a 6 liter crew cab obviously. In fact all my listed trucks were cheap. And no I don't go to auctions.

However south of the border is a different world so yes it is worth more there.

That said with the body damage the ops truck has... maybe the 7000 mark.

I sold my 2002 RCSB with a 6 litre/NV, semi floater in the back for 9 grand in Edmonton in 2009...170k on the truck

And then sold the original 4.8 for another 500 bucks a month later. I tend to think you can sell vehicles in Alberta for much more because people have money. When I was in Calgary few months ago I had a fella offer me 36k for my wheels or straight up trade for his 68 Camaro. Out east everybody tries to Jew you down.

You can ask whatever you want here.... used stuff is worthless based upon the fact people have money... because they will justgo buy new. I buy and sell a lot, I have a pretty good take on the used truck market here. Alberta has some of the cheapest used trucks around.

Unless you talk diesels because every Tom Dick and Harry wants one and is willing to pay retard price for some miled out heap.

Thanks guys, selling cars sucks. Its a pain. It does have the body damage, my wife hit a pole getting a coffee in a drive through. There is some surface rust on the rockers and the door seams are rusting. I wish I would have been more knowledgeable and maintained the paint better. Sucks that the doors are rusting from the inside out.

My good friend has a Tundra, same year, same miles, zero rust, no major repairs. O2 sensor, brakes, oil and shocks. I've fixed so much on mine...

I've been trying to sell my truck for about 3 or 4 weeks now and I've had almost no bites. Am I priced to high? I'd love to hear some constructive opinions.

http://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/cto/3938245736.html

Thanks

Tough time to sell with deals on 2013's. People want new even if they got to finance for 5 years. I would drop the price to $8500 and see what happens. Small change in price but it is now below the 9K figure.

Archived