Album Art on 2014 Intelilink

JAF1

Ok, so I have my music library loaded on a sd card and everything plays fine. I did a direct copy of my Windows 7 music directory which was being handled by Windows Media Player. Files are in .mp3 format. I noticed that the album art files were in each directory but had hidden and system attributes. I undid the attributes now the files are visible .jpg's. The .jpg's sizes are small. All the ones I checked were well under 500x500.

So okay, how do I get the album art to show when the music is playing vs. sd card graphic?

For me, sizing to 500x500 or below made mine appear.

I saw someone one here had issues b/c there were two img files attached to mp3, one at 500 and the other above. Check if your files have more than one.

If they don't, maybe try using a different software to view the mp3 tags (in WinAmp for example, you can see all 3 types of tags. Maybe there's something there that should be? Dunno?)

That's why I mentioned the 500x500 because of your post. Looking in the directory, it appears Windows actually places four art .jpg files. All of these files are under the 500x500. Maybe I don't need them all? They are all of the same album picture.

All are titled:

AlbumArt_{xxxxxx}_Large.jpg

AlbumArt_{xxxxxx}_Small.jpg

AlbumArtSmall.jpg

Folder.jpg

Just went through the whole thing and deleted all the extra .jpgs except the main one which appears to be the "folder.jpg" that appears in every subdirectory. Put it back in the truck and I still see the same thing, no album art. Grrrr..... Wonder if there is a way to have the truck rescan the sd card?

Just went through the whole thing and deleted all the extra .jpgs except the main one which appears to be the "folder.jpg" that appears in every subdirectory. Put it back in the truck and I still see the same thing, no album art. Grrrr..... Wonder if there is a way to have the truck rescan the sd card?

Are they separate jpg files in the same windows folders as the mp3's? or are they actually embedded in the mp3's tag and aren't visible when looking at files in windows folders?

They are all separate files. Each is labeled "folder.jpg" and each one is located under the album folder right next to the song files. They are all visible.

They are all separate files. Each is labeled "folder.jpg" and each one is located under the album folder right next to the song files. They are all visible.

Yeah, those aren't embedded. You shouldn't have any files on SD other than the mp3 files and playlist files if you created any.

I'm not that familiar with WinMedPlayer... if you open mp3s in iTunes, right click song, & choose Get Info, the Artwork tab lets you add/embed images to the mp3. If more than one song has the same artwork, you can select multiple before right-clicking & change them all at once. I know in WinAmp (simply free music player) you can also do the same.

Archived