New Truck Owner Help?

Hey guys I'm new to this forum and also a new owner of a 2005 Sierra 2500HD! Just have a few questions that need answering.

1) Is it a good idea to tighten my torsion bars to lift the front up an inch or two?

2) Would it be a better idea to throw in a leveling kit? (2" Keys)

3) This being said, I'm trying to fit either 305/70r20 or 325/60R18 - Found both sets for dirt cheap but the 18" tires are brand spanking new!

So called "leveling keys" won't improve anything over stock keys! This is a myth and needs to be squashed! The torsion keys are like a hex wrench with limited travel. The end of the torsion bar is hex shaped. The so called "leveling keys" just have the hex oriented differently, which allows you to over crank your torsion bar. This over cranking actually makes the ride worse and totally screws your suspension travel and results in bad CV and ball joint angles. Your best results are to use your stock keys to get the truck level. Don't try to lift the front more that 2"-2.5" with any torsion key. If you want more than 2.5" of lift, get a proper lift kit, with knuckles and provisions for relocating the torsion bars.

• 4 years later...

New here. I did several searches and this is the only post that I found with "suspension" in it (weird there was only one). So my questions are. Is 6" the minimum lift size for 33's? If so who makes the best lift now?  I use to wheel in a wrangled several years back and Rubicon was the best I found then.

Edited. I wasn't searching hard enough. I found other posts. Researching those.  

Edited by Thaadius
Cause I'm the dumb