Top 5 Details Chevrolet/GMC 2015 HDs Got Wrong

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2014/02/top-5-details-chevroletgmc-2015-hds-got-wrong.html

Ok, Personally........

#1 WHO CARES the tow Mirrors work well and look nice IMO

#2 If you want LUX Get a Denali.

#3 The Duramax is competitive and I'm sure within a few model years there will be upgrades.

#4 yeah I agree with that

#5 Most do it Aftermarket anyways....

Interesting article. My next truck will probably be a 2500HD gasser. I hope they fix a couple of these things in the next model year.

#1. I think the tow mirrors are fine.

#2. I don't buy top of the line vehicles, so I really don't care about this one....but I know some people 'need' to have the best of the best, so I'm sure they'd sell plenty of the high country's if they were available.

#3. Although the Duramax is a little behind Ford and Dodge, it's still good enough to hang in there. I don't think the Power Stroke or Cummins are so far ahead that they'll make die hard GM guys switch over. I'm really disappointed about the gas engines though. With Ford having the 6.2 that everyone seems to love, and Ram having the new 6.4 with over 400 hp....GM needs to step it up. I'd love to see the GM 6.2 in a HD. Even if it was turned down a bit, it would still probably have around 400 hp and well over 400 lb-ft of torque. Heck, even a 6.0 with direct injection might be enough to compete with the Ford 6.2. I'd get all sorts of warm fuzzy feelings if they came out with some big-displacement torque monster gas engine, but that will probably never happen.

#4. I agree about the urea tank, it looks horrible in the current location. There has to be a better place for it. Although, that really doesn't matter to me, because I'll never have the need (or be able to afford) a new diesel anyway. Although I've heard a lot of diesel guys complain about this one.

#5. This one also doesn't apply to me either, but I agree that it should be an option. I would hate to start cutting holes or adding things to the frame of a brand new truck. This should be a factory option.

I'm going to add #6, #7, and #8......

#6. There needs to be an option for a color-matched front end. IMO, these new trucks have way too much chrome going on in the grille & bumper area. A color matched version (similar to the GMC all terrain) would be sweet.

#7. New rims! This new body style already looks too much like the old style the way it is. Some new rim designs would really help to set it apart from the old body style.

#8. More gearing options. I would love to see an 8-speed transmission with a 4:30 (or something similar) ratio rear-end. That combo would be a blast to drive...would tow like nobody's business....and would actually hold top gear on the highway with larger than factory tires. I've actually considered test driving a Super Duty for my next truck, because of the ability to fit 35's with a leveling kit and get 4:30 gears from the factory....with a locking rear axle.

GM just likes being plain jane for some reason. they are rarely ever inovators for trucks. they always follow along. my roomate has a 2013 f150 platinum and that thing is freakin wicked inside.

• 2 weeks later...

#7. New rims! This new body style already looks too much like the old style the way it is. Some new rim designs would really help to set it apart from the old body style.

Absolutely...Although look how long GM ran the PYO 16" wheels that came out in 2001.......and finally died in 2010!

GM just likes being plain jane for some reason. they are rarely ever inovators for trucks. they always follow along. my roomate has a 2013 f150 platinum and that thing is freakin wicked inside.

I agree with this 100%. They just seem to stay way to conservative. Take a risk and try something different GM

I agree but the newer Fords is a bad example. I don't care for the interior in them.

I agree but the newer Fords is a bad example. I don't care for the interior in them.

im surprised because the inside of the new fords are a work of art IMO. the four doors are huge on the inside, MUCH bigger than the 4 door chevys. then again if you get the ford door you compromise on bed space. But i think the inside of the fords kill GMs in quality.

im surprised because the inside of the new fords are a work of art IMO. the four doors are huge on the inside, MUCH bigger than the 4 door chevys. then again if you get the ford door you compromise on bed space. But i think the inside of the fords kill GMs in quality.

I can't speak for interior quality on the new ones but my 05 was crap. New sunroof and headliner at 5,000 miles after dealer attempted a fix on two previous visits. Nothing like a sunroof failing in the open position on the way home from work and rain is coming! Plus a headliner that sounds like it's got loose parts bouncing around in it while driving down bumpy roads. Ford replaced all, the front interior and overhead switches in it do to bad contacts and lamps. leather steering wheel replaced do to bad leather. Driver's airbag replaced due to emblem delamination. The leather on their seats is not all that great either. No issues with the 02 F150 I had but it did have a funky transmission... Defiantly one of Fords weak areas

Overall I do like the exterior looks of the F150's better than GM but they just don't make a better truck.

Am I the only one that thinks GM trucks would look better with round wheel wells???

Am I the only one that thinks GM trucks would look better with round wheel wells???

I agree 100% about the round wheel wells. I know that has been a GM trademark since 1987...but so were the stacked headlights...and they got rid of those in 2007 (although they're back now). I've always liked the body lines of the 67-72 Chevys...and I think part of the reason is because they have round wheel wells. The last time I checked, tires and rims were round, so wheel wells should be too, haha.

I agree with #1, my dad has looked at a 2500 with tow mirrors but hates that they don't power fold, he currently has a dodge 1500 and hates having to manually pull the mirrors in to fit in the garage. #2- I'm sure this option will show up soon enough. #3 I was disappointed that they didn't upgrade these, but they are still competitive and we know the cycle is body change and then motor change in the HD's. #4- agree, the def tank hangs down low and looks like an afterthought. #5 I also agree that it should be at least a factory option, I figure most buy a HD for increased towing which usually means a gooseneck.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As soon as I walked up to a new 2015 Chevy HD I noticed a cooling rad (trans.??) through the hole in the front bumper. About 8 inches back behing the bumper. This thing is going to get the crap beat out of it by rocks and other road debris fly up!

All you entrepreneurial types get busy and dream up a nice billet grill to fit in this bumper hole!

Or make something like this so it is protected and upgraded. Not a new one but hell these trucks could use some heavy duty cooling

nejaze8a.jpgbutama4e.jpg

I havemt looked at a 2015 HD yet, but in the 1500, the cooling seems a bit lacking if you tow.

There you go! I will get a picture of this cooler on a 15 so you know what I mean. But you can basiaclly imagine the cooler Chris is showing us above hanging right out in the open!

Archived